Lou's [it only needs a clutch] 1976 FJ40 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_2733.JPG
IMG_2735.JPG
IMG_2723.JPG
IMG_2734.JPG

Those brake line look real good.

Where'd you score the zinc chromate harware?

Those brake line look real good.

Where'd you score the zinc chromate harware?

i bought a couple fender and bonnet kits and some hood/door hardware.....i know its not all the exact looking stuff (read-phillips slotted bolts) but it is OEM stuff.....

got it from specter....figured i could staba few in here and there and feel a little more official and i wouldnt have to wait on the JIS hardware guy....

Bump from the 3rd page. Lame.

the goblin got a couple new door gaskets and lame gasket cleaning is all i have done besides leave it in the driveway.

i will be mounting the clutch and all this weekend hopefully once i get the engine off the stand....

thanks (again) for the massive amount of help @wngrog

went pretty smoothly, the engine is a tad bit crooked, and i suspect it was previously bco the shredded motor mount.....

one step closer....the goblin rises.......

The old setup had those awful headers that went outside the frame.

Lou got some ramshorn manifolds

Only isssue is the heat riser spacer deal is touching the bolt on the side of the stock steering box.

It's a tight fit with the H55 5-speed and the stock wheelbase but it all fits.

Looking good.

Little progress. Aluminum radiator assembled with fan. Had to make brackets for it. P/O cut them off and I have -0- clue as to how it was held up.

Anyone have any nuts that fit the radiator support studs?

Will also have to reconfigure the support arm mounts as they are useless at this point and don't reach frame. Think I'm going to bolt them to the fender.

Also went through the harness with a friend and made a plan to wire it all up properly once reinstalled.

The good thing about throwing rocks at mine when I look at 5buckets' build is they won't damage the paint. LoL

IMG_3865.JPG
IMG_3869.JPG
IMG_3870.JPG

Damn yo....

What's the 411 on this @under_psi ??

been really gimped up with nerve issues...however, i am working on it tomorrow........should have wiring sorted and fuel tank and lines finished and ready to fire......maybe.....have to figure out how to reinstall the heater, i forgot hose routing....but have been looking at pix.....etc

I'm slow. And go through spurts of motivation. It was warm here recently and I've been away from work more to help with kiddo while she deals with her mom.....that's a whole 'nutha story.

The Goblin will ride soon......

I think I've worked out my 2 major speed bumps this week.

1. Clutch slave was way off, and wrong before, and wouldn't work with the bracket. Also. The p/o's hacked most everything into place. I had to tap and helicoil 4 threaded holes. But the slave and starter are both mounted and secure. I think. Even tho a friend decided to "tap" a bolt through the starter ear and cracked it.....

2. I also hacked and modded a stock battery tray. Thanks again @77TLCFJ40

I had to figure something out. Didn't want to go back under the seat as the p/o had. What a mess. The v8 poses proximity challenges and doesn't allow for the battery and oem tray to sit in the stock spot. I cut out a section to allow for spark plug changes with battery out. And then I welded on some 5" risers and a couple slats. Made from some angle iron and flat stock. I think it will hold. I will bolt the oem lower bracket in about 4 spots as normal and should be good to go.

All wiring is back in and wrapped in 2B approved electrical tape and all that is left is the rear section for the tail lights.

Fuel lines run. New pump. And pick up in the re-coated 20 gallon rear mount tank.

Seat frames powdercoated. New vinyl on seats. Oem vinyl was under the slip covers. So. They do have the same stitch pattern that was on there originally. I think.

I am going to take the jump seats to be recovered in matching gray once it's up and running.

Left to do:
-Fuel pump power.
-Figuring out which wires to put on starter and set distributor.
-couple of other small wiring things to sort.
-route plug wires
-bleed brakes and clutch slave (double check slave for clearance----shhhhh is tight)
-Needs exhaust/muffler

Couple pix.

IMG_5779.JPG
IMG_5805.JPG
IMG_5806.JPG
IMG_4542.JPG
IMG_5027.JPG

#goblin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom