Louisiana/Area For Sale/Wanted: (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw this in The Advocate online LINK
$500 25ft. HD car trailer, needs some repair, $500. No paper work. Rick 642-0676

Nice rig, thanks. 12K is a bit steep for us "purist" :grinpimp: ...especially one w/ a bunch of J**P tubing all over it.

nice tho

:beer:

p1181841612584535.jpg

That was my old parts rig, at least thats what I bought it for. Took off brake components and a few other things. I can't remember what I did with the hood and fenders but they weren't on it when I sold it to Al. We did a complete frame off, sandblasted the frame and tub then it was trailed to New Orleans to be painted. The only downfall is the 1 peice fiberglass tilt front end. He had several extra layers added to it to strengthen it but its a weak link. The rig would be perfect with factory metal parts. It has the interior completely spray lined, 4 wheel disc brakes, the black diamond suspension of my 70, it had new 350 in it and I helped him take the 4 spd tranny out a year or 2 ago to be completley rebuilt at Amco on Johnston St. Upholstry was cutom done, and it has a nice VW bus back seat. I see the new owner added a winch. The bumpers were custom made by friend of his. I'm going to let Al know he has it up for sale he told Al he would let him know if he were ever going to sell it as Al wanted to buy it back. Good find.

Nice rig, thanks. 12K is a bit steep for us "purist" :grinpimp: ...especially one w/ a bunch of J**P tubing all over it.

nice tho

p1181841612584535.jpg

:whoops: I made the sliders they curve to the frame in back and are just capped at the front fender but sturdy as hell. 1/4 steel oil field pipe. I didn't do the bumpers, as I remember the back was pretty nice but neither one of them are off the shelf. They were custom made and pretty stout. Easy things for a new owner to change. Remember folks this was before we had all these cool forums and parts places. I built both rigs using Spectre and Man-e-fre catalogs for parts and using local oil field shop for some one off stuff. I wonder if this guys has my books :mad:

LMAO!!!! I'm so glad to know that this was your rig!!!!! I actually like the sliders. As you know, I've spoken to you about them.... I seem to remember that you didn't like the tubes as much. We've been trying to find a way to "hide" them.

I only meant the front bumper was tubing.. and you've admitted that you didn't do that one. (I was hoping you had b/c you, my friend, were the "purist" that I was poking at).

Nice rig. Still think 12K is a bit much... but I like it.

I see you got the bezel on right! Sweet!

me

Yeah, it sold....the guy that bought it is someone that Will and I have known for years...anyway, we both gave him club info, etc. perhaps we'll see him around...

Joel Carney's "other rig"

Joel Carney called me to ask if anyone was interested in a "big" truck...

hmmm this is big I'd say:

2.5 Ton Truck for Sale

3f47_3.JPG

me

edit awww.... its not the diesel, Never mind.

You're kidding... I didn't look but I thought that it was a diesel.. lol. It probably got feet to the gallon.

It sold for $200.

Good for Joel.

me

Anyone in the club looking for a 40? Got a call from a local guy that has a 74 for sale. Haven't looked at it yet but I know it's a project. Cranks and runs with lot's of extra parts. I will probably look at it tomorrow. PM me for a # if you are inrterested. I think he will take $1500.

Later,

From the MS boys.

me

Albert, try Pirate 4x4's FREE listings...there was a TON of stuff including springs , etc a week or so ago.

A guy gave some away recently...lemme see...I'm such a junk collector, that's one of my homepages (call me white trash or whatever...)

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587049

Bunch of TOY stuff given away there...

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom