Louisiana/Area For Sale/Wanted: (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Volunteer, Sorry if my post was misleading it's just one stock rim and tire. It is welded in side not riveted. I'll send a pm about it.

Thanks Albert I've been looking for a set and I thought I hit the lottery. Emailed you. :)

IF anyone could help me find a used trailer hitch to replace the rusted one on my rig, I'd appreciate it.

No prob

You want/need the whole assembly to go b/w the rails of the frame for the class II hitch??

me

Land Cruiser in Quick Quater

Anyone see the 1975 cruiser in the quick quater from last week? Says its restored for 14,000. Thought one of you guys might have known more info. I will call later when i get a chance.

Well I would love to have a off frame restoration but I know that price would not be in my budget... I would quess this is not... you never know though... their is always that slim chance...

Where abouts is that located? We should take a ride.

Always ready to ride, and it sounds like its something worth seeing. Troy can give us a report if he went to see it.

3. 1975 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER, 75,000 original miles, restored, new rims/ tires/ paint/ interior/ lift/ brakes, etc. Must see. $14,500. Phone 337-322-3303.

What to do with Old Leafs?

I've had my old FJ60 leaf springs sitting on my carport, and I'm wondering to do with them. I can't leave 'em on the curb to be picked up on garbage day, and I leave for work at 0600 and return around 1800. Anyone have any ideas on how to rid myself of these springs?

Always ready to ride, and it sounds like its something worth seeing. Troy can give us a report if he went to see it.

3. 1975 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER, 75,000 original miles, restored, new rims/ tires/ paint/ interior/ lift/ brakes, etc. Must see. $14,500. Phone 337-322-3303.

Miles Thomas is the owner. Is friends with Stephen Luke and own a boat shop in New Iberia. He bought the truck from Paul in Breaux Bridge. Cajun Off Road did the PS and few other things, it has no top as it was rusted and he threw it away. Running gear and body is in great shape as he did an on frame Resto on it. He lives off of fortune road behinf Chip's gas station . Was a nice guy and will show it to anyone that would like to see it. I told him Saturday we could take a ride or I'll get some pics and post them here as I'll try to pass by. You know me. :rolleyes:

I'm going through the shop this weekend. I'll list the stuff here before I put it on the general forum.

Factory parts off the 67
PTO
Complete seat set front bench and rear long jump seats
Complete 3 Spd on the tree shift linkage "Free"
Complete vaccume shift assembly was working diaphram is still good."Free"
Factory gauges not in cluster
Factory wheels and hub caps in good condition

Part for 78
Spectre new in the box master cylinder
& more I'm having a brain fart. :idea:

Will post pictures tonight

LL

Last edited:
I just switched out the rims on my vehicle and went to OEM. If anyone is interested in my old rims, I am going to sell them. All I know about them right now, is that they are Aluminum. I am going to take some pictures this weekend when I take pics of the roof rack and I will post them here. For an idea of what they look like, you can see them on the picture of my rig in the Member's Rigs Section at www.bslca.com. They are also on my vehicle shown in my avatar next to this post. I have no idea of a price yet, so if you're interested, make me an offer.

Nice... maybe a bit high on the price for this area though...

Larry, I am passing on the one in the quick quater... As you said....trying to find 78 up in good shape...

I think if you plan to wheel it offroad and/or run larger tires, 76-78 rock. After that, you don't get 4.11 gearing. Also, 75-on have disc brakes (why Cool Cruisers doesn't mess with older than 75). If you just want mostly highway, driving around town, then 79-onwards is you.

I think if you plan to wheel it offroad and/or run larger tires, 76-78 rock. After that, you don't get 4.11 gearing. Also, 75-on have disc brakes (why Cool Cruisers doesn't mess with older than 75). If you just want mostly highway, driving around town, then 79-onwards is you.

Cool... I did not know 4.10's stopped in 78.... I will stay in that area.:beer:

No, i did not go look at it Larry... Changed my mind due to the year model...I think that one may be over priced as well though... Really cant tell til you take a look though...

Close, but not quite right. Disc front axles atarted with 76 models (not to be confused with late 75 production dates sold as 76's with disc front axles). Not much difference between 76 and 77. 78 is the only year with 410's and fine spline pinions. 79 and later are higher geared as stated.

All that aside, don't overlook the 69-75 models. The only "real" difference is the drum front axle and that is easily and cheaply fixed by a simple mini truck front disc swap. Also, the earlier models arguably have better sheet metal and resist rust somewhat better. One other advantage to the earlier "three speed" trucks is lower t-case gearing which is nice off road. My best advise would be to shop all years after 69 but hold back a couple hundred for the pre75's so you can do the disc swap. Finally, the 2F engine (74 and later I believe) has better oiling and a bit more power. Don't get me wrong, the F is a fine motor also but not quite as refined as the 2F. Just my $.02.;)

Close, but not quite right. Disc front axles atarted with 76 models (not to be confused with late 75 production dates sold as 76's with disc front axles). Not much difference between 76 and 77. 78 is the only year with 410's and fine spline pinions. 79 and later are higher geared as stated.

All that aside, don't overlook the 69-75 models. The only "real" difference is the drum front axle and that is easily and cheaply fixed by a simple mini truck front disc swap. Also, the earlier models arguably have better sheet metal and resist rust somewhat better. One other advantage to the earlier "three speed" trucks is lower t-case gearing which is nice off road. My best advise would be to shop all years after 69 but hold back a couple hundred for the pre75's so you can do the disc swap. Finally, the 2F engine (74 and later I believe) has better oiling and a bit more power. Don't get me wrong, the F is a fine motor also but not quite as refined as the 2F. Just my $.02.;)

Having had 8 FJ40's from '63 onwards, I know that none of mine had as low gearing as my '74 w/4spd due to the compound low installed. However, the 3spd in 1st gear, even with the 2.313:1 is still not quite as low...the lower first gear (3.55:1 minimum some higher), coupled with the 1.99:1 xfer gives you a lower final crawl ratio. Also, the synchronized gears are nice indeed. Your final crawl ratio is the product of your tranny gear X xfer gear X differential...so basically, if you are comparing trucks that all have 4.11 gears, then whichever has the highest product of 1st gear TIMES the Xfer low range ratio has the highest crawl ratio. An interesting table can be found here: http://www.cruiserfaq.com/08-01.html

I agree 100% on the metal. My 63 FJ40 and my 45 pickup were tanks...could walk on the hood!

I also found the 2F to be a plus, more torque at LOWER RPMs...the only thing I really miss from time to time about the old (really old) F's (no, NOT the oil lines) is the Oil Bath Air cleaners...those were sweet...Even the valve cover on the 2F is better...oiling too.

I opted for 1978 myself, what I wanted, what I bought. Again, it comes down to what you want and what you like and of course what your plans are.

Side note: You can really get some crawl AND traction (even with open diff) in the 4spd models going uphill in REVERSE!!! LMAO...seriously...try it...:lol: Also, note that the NON USA FJ55's from 69-71 (5.299:1 1st gear AND 2.313:1 xfer = Sweet pig) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom