Loose side mirror (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there anyway to tighten the rear view side mirrors? They are stock from 84 FJ60. Everytime I drive the wind pushes them down. Thanks you

IIRCC if you remove it from the door, look up inside the housing and you'll see a phillips screw head, try tightening it some, it puts more tension on the ball/socket.

IIRCC if you remove it from the door, look up inside the housing and you'll see a phillips screw head, try tightening it some, it puts more tension on the ball/socket.

You're correct. I just did this a 2-3 years ago.

@thewall151 Just be careful not to over tighten. I've heard stories of them breaking.

My screw came off. The mount is floating in the mirror. Any way to get the glass off? I am afraid I will crack it. Silly problem to have but there it is

Heres a pic for reference:
Mirrors - FJ60 FJ62
IMG_1499-XL.jpg

Seth S. How do you like those mirrors from CCOT? Are they pretty stable?

Seth S. How do you like those mirrors from CCOT? Are they pretty stable?

I've only driven a short distance with them but they are 100% more stable than my old original ones....which would fold in on me every time they got hit by a gust of wind or if a large truck passed me going the other direction. They also have significantly larger mirror surface area and i got the passenger one with the wide angle mirror. These are an aftermarket mirror so not as nice as stock FJ62 mirrors but well worth their price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom