Looking for expert opinion on the condition of my rig! (Western MA) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks,

I'm a new (as of March) Cruiser owner and I my rig had some rust trouble. I'm working through the known issues but I'm really looking for someone to help me discern where I really ought to focus my efforts (read: focus my $$$).

If you think you can provide some assistance, let me know. There's a sandwich and a beer in it for ya and I'll drive to you. I'm in Northampton, MA. Trying not to drive out more than 90 mins or so unless you're towards Gloucester, MA. I've got some pals there.

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to joining the club.

-- Beej

Hi @Beej -

I'm about 30 min. north of you, in Leverett, MA. I'm not super familiar with 80s, but I'd be happy to take a look around your truck, and suggest some possible next steps, and folks you could reach out to for some help. I believe @landtank here on the YT forum knows his way around 80s pretty well, so you should also consider reaching out to him.

My schedule's a bit up in the air with some other things right now, but why don't you shoot me a text (508.525.5024), and we'll see if we can meet up this weekend.

Best,
Steve

Hi @Beej -

I'm about 30 min. north of you, in Leverett, MA. I'm not super familiar with 80s, but I'd be happy to take a look around your truck, and suggest some possible next steps, and folks you could reach out to for some help. I believe @landtank here on the YT forum knows his way around 80s pretty well, so you should also consider reaching out to him.

My schedule's a bit up in the air with some other things right now, but why don't you shoot me a text (508.525.5024), and we'll see if we can meet up this weekend.

Best,
Steve
Leave me out lol

@jaydufe that's too bad, man. Seems like you have some good wrenching experience, so I don't get why you're so eager to not help out someone local, no matter how new they are. Did I miss something?

Thanks @swelltimes!

I'm out of town this weekend and moving the following weekend but it was actually @landtank that encouraged me to post up here and look for fellow Cruisers. I got a yay and a ney. Guess that's good enough, lol.

Perhaps your schedule will look good in about two weeks? I'll give you a ring next week to see what looks good. Thanks so much for your time.

@jaydufe that's too bad, man. Seems like you have some good wrenching experience, so I don't get why you're so eager to not help out someone local, no matter how new they are. Did I miss something?
No I meant I didn't get asked to meet with you guys lol I was kidding . But def. like together with you two and shot the s*** about our rigs

I travel for work and am around that area from time to time. Happy to look at the truck when I am. I've replaced a few rear axles and recommended a couple of times that the owners stop driving their trucks until I do. It can get pretty bad back there.

Im in Chelmsford, if you just need someone to look at it and give you feedback on where to start I could help you out. It would be better for me to do it during the week between 9 and 5. I have done a lot of work over the last two years on my 93. I am going to be out of town all of next week, but should be around most of the summer after that. Send me a PM if you are interested.

@Beej, sounds great, just drop me a line.

@jaydufe, yeah, we're way overdue to get together! Maybe timing will work out in a couple of weeks for the three of us. Would be fun!

You are not too far from Central Mass Offroad in West Brookfield, Ma. While primarily a Jeep shop, I'm sure Scott Cairns could provide advice. The other option is Performance Unlimited up in Bridgewater Corner Vt.

Yeah, that's me! I live on Market.

Also, shoot, I was MIA from my own thread Monday and missed your offer @landtank. Please let me know if you'll be breezing by again.

My weekend is open next weekend, the weekend of the 23rd and most weekday evenings after 6 (still some decent daylight for now)

Awesome! I have an office at 9.5 Market Street - you might see my 40 series down there some days.

Next week / weekend is shot for me, but things open up a bit after that. Just trying to cram everything in over the summer!

@swelltimes I'll likely be working from home tomorrow and/or can usually sneak in late/leave early from work. Next time you're going to be at 9.5 let me know and I'll make myself available.

Alright, truck is laid up for a week or so while I wait for a replacement rear locker. I sent the non-working one I received from CruiserParts back. I'll reach out again when she's back on the road.

Meanwhile, if you want to swing by, the truck is now at my new place in South Hadley. Sorry for the wishy washy business going on here. I'm dying for someone to take a look at the truck but I'm also trying to fix it as fast as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom