Looking for a reason NOT to buy another 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I was chatting with an acquaintance of mine and it turns out he has a 95 2WD 4Runner with the 3.Blow and automatic. Of course the head gasket is blown. I can probably get it for 200 or 300. It has a serious dent in the LT quarter panel, but no structural damage. Other than that, just small dents and dings. The big attraction- it's been in AZ most of it's life, and now here in GA- no salt exposure. The underside is immaculate. It's a perfect candidate for a 4x4 conversion; complete with SAS, 3.4 + 5 speed (maybe 1UZ+ 5 speed). I'm up to my eyes in other automobile projects. I'm probably asking the wrong crowd for reasons not to buy it. Hehe.

Yup. You're barking up the wrong tree...

No your not, those things are toyotas red headed step child as far as runners and trucks go. That's a tall order for a project. Lots of money. And even more time. Sounds good out loud but I have never been a fan of early 90s stuff. Either back up or fastforward a generation. Just my .02

No your not, those things are toyotas red headed step child as far as runners and trucks go. That's a tall order for a project. Lots of money. And even more time. Sounds good out loud but I have never been a fan of early 90s stuff. Either back up or fastforward a generation. Just my .02

Toast,
I'm glad you have an opposing view on the matter. It makes me weigh both sides better. I love my 85 4Runner. I prefer Gen 1 to all others. For some reason I have a soft spot for Gen 2. I do all mechanical/electrical work myself. I know a guy who does amazing body/fab/welding work who has told me he's willing to teach/assist me for little cost. The biggest expense would be parts.
My desire is too ad as much auto related experience as possible.

Yeah, I’m somewhat with Toast. Although, something like this out of a 2nd Gen has been tempting me for awhile…

BOBBED~1.JPG

Whoa! Now that is bad ass! I guess if you gut the Engine/Tranny/T-case and drop in legit stuff then go for it. Just seems like a ton of money...

Well I caved in and took delivery. $250 for a totally rust free truck that spent most of its life in AZ. No IFS crap to cut out when I do the SAS. The rear axles are of course 6 lug since it's a 4Runner. It will be a huge drawn out project, but who hasn't had one of those? My 85 runs great, so I'm in no hurry to get a wheeling rig on the trail.

0507161939.jpg

0507161937a.jpg

0507161938.jpg

0507161937.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom