Looking at a 2004, opinions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been looking at 100's for a while. Harder to find and less on the market than 80's...

Found this 2004 about an hour from home. Need to go check it out in person but wondering what you guys think about the value/asking price.

2004 with 166,000 miles. Timing belt done at 100,000 miles. Owned it for 9 years. No rust, he says none underneath or anywhere. Had a fender bender, I will have to check more about that when I go check it out in person. Asking $13,000.
Photos;

Photos;
cruiser5.jpg
cruiser4.jpg
cruiser3.jpg
cruiser2.jpg

cruiser1.jpg

Looks like a decent price if it checks out. i wish these trucks didn't all have nav. Decade old electronics make me nervous.

The truth is that any year in great condition without a massive amount of miles is well worth that kind of money. I would gladly hand it over for almost any 100 series that's been taken care of. I don't think that the price is good enough to overlook any real issues though. I agree with sacmaster about the nav system. I personally would never get a 100 with nav but that's me. They are pretty much impossible to upgrade/change. Other than that, my advice is to not rush. Decide on the color that you want, the options you want, the price you are willing to pay, and then be prepared to travel! There are deals to be had if you are diligent and widen your search. There are companies that go inspect the vehicles so that you don't have to travel there sight unseen. It costs between $50 and $150 bucks depending on the level of inspection. I flew from Houston to L.A. to get mine. I wanted a very hard color to find and it did take a while but it happened and I couldn't be happier. The exact right car for you is out there!

If the service records and fender bender repair check out and the test drive is ok, nab it. Bummer on the price; I was hoping my '04 was holding its value, but if they can be had for only $13,000, I guess not :(

Looks like a decent price if it checks out. i wish these trucks didn't all have nav. Decade old electronics make me nervous.
There's about 3 dozen other systems on a decade old truck that should worry you more than the nav system. :) If nothing major is wrong with it, and it checks out, not a bad price. My '04 has well over 200K miles now. I purchased about 3 years ago for just over $13K, but had to get a new sunroof, repaint hood, and it had also been in a fender bender. Did the timing belt at 180K, pretty sure for the first time...

The truth is that any year in great condition without a massive amount of miles is well worth that kind of money. I would gladly hand it over for almost any 100 series that's been taken care of. I don't think that the price is good enough to overlook any real issues though. I agree with sacmaster about the nav system. I personally would never get a 100 with nav but that's me. They are pretty much impossible to upgrade/change. Other than that, my advice is to not rush. Decide on the color that you want, the options you want, the price you are willing to pay, and then be prepared to travel! There are deals to be had if you are diligent and widen your search. There are companies that go inspect the vehicles so that you don't have to travel there sight unseen. It costs between $50 and $150 bucks depending on the level of inspection. I flew from Houston to L.A. to get mine. I wanted a very hard color to find and it did take a while but it happened and I couldn't be happier. The exact right car for you is out there!

That's the truth! Be ready to travel when you find the one you want.

I can't believe how the market has changed for the 100 series. Just a couple of years ago, there was easily double the amount of rigs for sale and you could find a unicorn pretty regularly. Now, man is it hard to find a rig with under 100k miles and most are 150k+. It seems to me that here in the PNW they get grabbed up pretty quickly. And it seems to me prices have sorta collapsed. A good time to buy if you can find a well taken care of one among all the marginal ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom