Look who came home today...oink snort oink oink... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MD11Fr8Dog

CM09 Eight Ball winner
Threads
Well, after 6 months of hibernating in a field on a mountain north of town, Ziffle opened his eyes. The overcast sky prevented him from seeing his shadow and scaring himself back into hibernation, so he came home!! :D

Took nearly 45 mins of alternately using a bottle jack and the crank/stand on my trailer to get the tongue of the trailer high enough for my ball hitch to get under. The ground was so soft that the stand had sunk into the ground so that the tongue of the trailer was on the ground. On top of that I had to back up up hill in 4L in very soft muddy ground.

Got Ziff home and boy was my Trooper worn out. This event just reemphasized how tired and underpowered that Trooper is, especially the 250-300ft climb up into my 'hood!!

After about one min of trying to turn over the motor - vrooooooommmmmmm! Man, I can't believe how sweet that 2F sounded. Ran a little rough for about 2 mins, so I pulled the choke all the way out and after about 1 more min, it sounded as strong as ever!!

Now I have to get those two front tires inflated/replaced and swap out the MC and he'll be ready to go!! He'll probably be up for sale soon. I haven't been able to convince the missus that we him Ziff to live with us forever, so we've kinda just been a foster home! :(

Here he is...
ZiffHC1.jpg

ZiffHC2.jpg

Re: Look who came home today...oink snort oink oin

What a cutie pie!

The house is pretty cool too.

Thanks, wish it was paid for though!! :-/

Give that little piggy some luvin :-*

nice view. which area do you live in? dreamin of going out of the flatlands of chicago. 88 fj62 201k

Wow, I agree, nice rig and even nicer view, I'm jealous.

nice view. which area do you live in? dreamin of going out of the flatlands of chicago. 88 fj62 201k

Steamboat Springs, CO - neighborhood called Tree Haus - 1.25 miles, as the crow flies from the base of the ski area - I can see a couple of my favorite fishing holes, mtn biking trails and ski trails all from my balcony! 8) :D

Here's another...
ZiffHC3.jpg

Dude, please tell me that's some sort of stage set behind your house because that is just fawking too much. Bee-U-T-ful!

Well, at least your wife always knows where you are--heck, she can probably spot you with the binoculars!

Oh, yeah--why not just ditch the Trooper and fire up the 55?

Oh, yeah--why not just ditch the Trooper and fire up the 55?

That was the original plan, but plans change. That Trooper is reliable as can be! It might get a 2-2.5" lift this spring! :D

Hey Sean,
Has anyone offered to buy the pig?

I am interested!

I am in Indy, In and could fly out and natch it up!

Let me know!

rugburn@pirate4x4.com

Hey Sean,
Has anyone offered to buy the pig?

I am interested!

I am in Indy, In and could fly out and natch it up!

Let me know!

rugburn@pirate4x4.com
I've had a couple inquiries, including an offer to put donw a deposit if he can convince his wife to let him have another 55!! ;)  I'm waiting to see if he wants some pics of the "problem" areas.

Drive it back to Indy? I would rather trailer it and meet you half way or something!  It runs strong and sounds great, but I have driven it maybe less than a mile myself since I've had it!!

When you can document the problem areas, let me know.
I am sure I could twist Mike's arm to meet you halfway for the pig.

Keep us informed.

By the way, nice view, I had a similar one in Granby years ago.

L8R

When you can document the problem areas, let me know.
I am sure I could twist Mike's arm to meet you halfway for the pig.

Keep us informed.

By the way, nice view, I had a similar one in Granby years ago.

L8R

I like Granby, back door access to RMNP and the headwaters of the might "Grand" River! :eek:

Here is what I've been sending to people:

The 55 is a 73 with a 76 2F and 4spd trannie/tcase. This motor sounds as good as ANY 2F that I've ever heard. I was astonished how easily I got it cranked up yesterday. The 4spd and tcase shift nicely, but I haven't really been able to drive it around to check for whining, and any other potential issues due to the brakes (see below).

There is typical 55 rust on this thing. If I kept it, I would replace the front fenders (upper and lower) and cut out the rockers and bottom of the rear qtrs! There is some funky foam/bondo/sheet metal work, and the floor in the front could use all new metal. Also, the front seats are not stock. A PO put in some ugly red velour custom van seats <G>. The roof appears to still be solid, as do the pillars. Other typical 55 needs - side mirrors, rear window motor.

I was also gonna cut the edges of the wheel wells (rust) too and do something with the springs (clean them up and go spring over, go with Alcans or some other lift). The springs on there look pretty tired, but may be able to be cleaned up and re-arched.

There are also a bunch of stray wires going all over, but wouldn't be a problem cleaning that up!!

The PO also put in complete CCOT brake kit, but the MC was bad (CCOT knows about the batch of bad MCs and replaced many of them and I will be contacting them about this one about possible replacement - I have the PO's receipt). I am, today, going to try to get the MC from my 75 or the 76 that I parted out last summer to work.

I bought it for $2500 and I would like to get that back out of it. Where are you located? I'm in Steamboat Springs, CO, and if you're not too far, I could even deliver it - (when my Navigator gets repaired - shot a piston through the block last week, or when we get a new 3/4 ton in the next month or so).

Granby was awesome when I was there hanging out for the Winter and Spring of 1987.

Now that I read the profile, I am sure my wife would commit me to the garage for life.

She does not see the potentail and if I were to trailer that home Gale would shoot Mike SMythe first then me multiple times.

thank for the update on your pig and I will be looking out for your 40 on the trails some day.

Are you heading to the BHCC?

i will be there(fingers crossed!), riding shotgun with Jason Mace.

Now that I read the profile, I am sure my wife would commit me to the garage for life.

She does not see the potentail and if I were to trailer that home Gale would shoot Mike SMythe first then me multiple times.

That's what I'm trying to avoid!! Also, I'm not allowed to get the new wide screen TV I want until I sell the 55!! :'(

thank for the update on your pig and I will be looking out for your 40 on the trails some day.

Are you heading to the BHCC?

i will be there(fingers crossed!), riding shotgun with Jason Mace.

My fingers are crossed too. If all goes well, I can have my 40 done by then, but my sisters and their fmilies are visiting us for the first time for the 4th of July and we are planning 3 wks in Eire late July to mid Aug. I will probably have to bid my flight sked to be working during BHCC to make all of the familial obligations, whether the 40 is finished or not!! :-/

THree weeks in EIRE????? &nbsp:Do you mean Lake Erie?

:eek:Oh sweet!!

Yeah, the dude's a pilot, lives in heaven, and he's decided to spend three weeks' summer vacation on Lake Erie fishing for crappie. :slap:

Since his name is Sean, I think he means Ireland! (Eire=Ireland, don't it?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom