Long range fuel tanks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know who sells/makes them stateside? Or is it gonna have to be a one off I fab up?

I know long range makes them but can't seem to find a distributor in the US

Try these

ForumRunner_20130418_203824.png

ForumRunner_20130418_203842.png

If you have a '03+, it's going to be a one off due to the charcoal canister. Put your year in your signature.

Note to self... dont use search function with the Mud App on a Ipad.

Muich better results on the PC. thanks....

Also, I have a thread on my install. I had an ongoing problem with the pump for a while. Working fine now. There is another thread where someone sourced an OEM filler neck - a much more elegant solution than FR's. His screen name was MOBI something.

FYI Camping Labs no longer has them as FR doesn't make them anymore (or so they say)

Yep, I've got one....a handful of us brought them over from OZ.

dualfiller.jpg

dualfillerneck.jpg

subtank.jpg

dash.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming you guys would know or have checked but is a 100 to new for man-a-fre to stock???:meh:

My recollection is Man-a-fre allows you to keep your spare, but doesn't add much additional capacity....not enough to justify the installation in my opinion. But in all fairness, I need an aux. fuel tank like I need a third nut so to each their own.

Edit...The aux. fuel tanks that Man-a-fre had (at the time) were removed from 100-series trucks in OZ that were converted to LPG and they take the aux. tanks out to make room for the compresses gas tanks. They were throwing away the aux. tanks as scrap and Man-a-fre started collecting them and bringing them over here.

Last edited:
the diesel filler in oz has two filler pipes inside instead of the pull lever,it may be another alternative.One pipe for aux the other for main tank.

Mobi,

Do you have photos of how you mounted the gas filler to the truck and to the tank? I have the tank and the filler that came with it - I was able to get the dual filler you have and I am hoping to see how you did it.

Also, do you have any issues with vapor - when it is hot out, off-road and at altitude? Thank you very much.

Amando

This has been a backburner project for me. I went ahead and got a dual filler pipe from Dave at Japan4x4 and then sourced some additional parts for the connection to a custom fabbed tank. Just haven't had time to measure out a tank to fit and then figure out the attachment of the tank. Got a fabricator in line to make it...just no free time. I would like to maybe do this over the summer.

I've wondered which 100 series that plunger type dual filler neck comes from. All the 100 ones I see have the non-plunger type. Amando, next time you get a chance, is there a part number on your filler neck anywhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom