Locked and Built 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sotocamp.com
https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj80-fzj80-lx450-hdj81/773803-mo-1994-80-series-locked-built.html

I am selling my Toyota Land Cruiser that I have owned for just about two years now. I have enjoyed every minute of owning the truck, but it's time to pass it along to someone else. I have spent a lot of time and money working on this truck to bring it to a level worthy of its name. The previous owners took care of the vehicle, and I wanted it to be a truck I would have forever. However, at this point I am selling my 80 to finance graduate school and to get into a car.

I have personally worked on this truck for weekend upon weekend and I know the ins and outs of the truck. A little over a year ago I bought and dismantled another 80 series that was wrecked. That being said I am well versed in how these trucks work, handle, and are put together.

I have taken this truck off road and it does have a few cosmetic blemishes to it. It is not perfect, but it is on its way to becoming a great truck. There are a few surface rust spots: the bottom of the rear driver side door and the driver side rear quarter panel. I had planned to fix these but did not complete before putting the 4x4 labs bumper on.

The front and rear bumpers were purchased off of another 80 here in Missouri. The gentleman who originally owned the bumpers is a IH8MUD member and the man he sold his truck to is a custom fabricator. This gentleman sold the bumpers to me. That being said there are a few dents and dings to the bumpers but they were not made by me as the driver of this 80. The IH8MUD member who purchased this 4x4labs bumper had it outfitted with a winch mount that is tucked up where the spare tire used to reside.

When I first purchased this truck in September of 2011 it did not pass emissions in Georgia. At that point I replaced the Y-Pipes for the exhaust with Toyota OEM parts and the O2 sensors were replaced with Densos. This did not get rid of the failed emissions and so I got the truck exempt for this first year. Then ACC Toyota in Atlanta helped me to remove the PAIR valve system in the engine and move the O2 sensors into their place higher on the exhaust line. At that time they regrounded a wire going to one of the O2 sensors and my check engine light and emissions problems went away. They also placed a OEM plug onto the EGR connector and essentially deleted the EGR system. Recently I plugged the EGR system back together and I have not received any engine codes.

This past year I had the rest of the exhaust system replaced from the O2 sensors back. It was a complete custom job totally around $800, and it is tucked up high and tight to the body of the truck for better clearance. It has magnaflow catalytic converters and I believe a magnaflow muffler. It has a nice throtty sound to it now and doesn't whine like the stock exhaust system usually does on these trucks.

When I moved to Missouri in December the truck developed a growing leak coming from the oil pump cover. I replaced the seal myself and only had to drill out one of the screws. Happy to say there hasn't been a leak since it was replaced.

After adding a few other things to the truck maintenance wise and cosmetically I bought the FJ Cruiser wheels you see on it today. They were brand new and have roughly 2,000 miles on them. The 35s were purchased used with the front two having about 15% tread left and the rears at about 60%

This past summer I had a full-time mechanic friend rebuild the steering gearbox because it has a leak at the input shaft. He also replaced all of the seals on the transfer case. And then as a favor he replaced the rear pinion seal on the rear axle. Since he completed the work the truck has driven great and there has not been a single leak coming from anywhere on the truck.

Feel free to ask any questions. I am asking $6,850 OBO for the truck.

Fulltime 4wd Locking Axles and locking center differential
17" FJ Cruiser Steel Wheels 4/13 315x75x17 BFGoodrich AT
TJM Front Bumper (winch compatible)
Custom 4x4 Labs Rear Bumper (winch compatible)
Ironman 2" suspension lift with new foamcell shocks (around 5,000 on them)
Ironman adjustable castor correction for front control arms (can be set to stock all the way to 4" lift)
CB Radio 11/12
LED dome lights 11/12
Scion XB Headunit iPod compatible 03/13
A set of four doors in Branson to make into Jeep style half doors
Set of rock sliders in Branson (need to be welded on)
Factory front bumper in Branson

Known Issues:
Parking brake frozen off
Air Conditioning not working (has a leak)
Front seat gears are not fully functioning
Small amount of rust
rear locker seized (unlocked)

Maintenance:
Rebuilt Starter 2011
New Exhaust system from headers back. Includes new Magnaflow Catalytic converters, and muffler
Repainted rear hatch
Removed rear heating system
Replaced engine oil pump seal ($800 job)
Removal of PAIR valve system in exhaust and moved O2 sensors from behind front wheel to inside engine compartment
Resurfaced rotors and new brake pads 4/13
New trim gasket on front fender flare 8/12
New Engine hoses, including PHH ($900 job)
New spark plugs, air intake, plug wires, PCV valve (completed at ACC Toyota 2012)
Full Synthetic since ownership in 2011
Differential and Transfer case Fluids changed in November and 7/13
Full Tune up at time of purchase in 2011
All Transfer case seals replaced 7/13
Output seal of Transmission replaced 7/13
Rear Axle Pinion Seal replaced 7/13
Steering Gearbox rebuilt 7/13
Front axle rebuilt-prior ownership
Front axle bearings retightened 11/12

As you can see I have loved on this truck well over the past year. I want it to go to a good home. I know that some teenager here in Missouri will buy it in a heartbeat, but I would rather have it go to a fellow MUD member. Thank you for taking some time to look at my 80, and if you want to take a look at it feel free to PM me or email me at bri.pars@gmail.com. Thank you, Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom