Local drive shaft balancing, work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hamishpotter

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello All,

I am having some rumblings that I suspect may be some drivshaft issues after CMCC. Can anyone recommend a good shop for balancing driveshafts in the tri-state?

Thanks in advance,

James

there is a driveline place right on grand street down where metro meets

Thanks Ray!

KM Driveline - will stop by tomorrow. Removed driveshaft earlier, took 20 min

Km Drive Line in Brooklyn , NY

20160925_123935.jpg

Dropped it at KM, they were done end of day - replaced with Spicer u-joint and yoke (for transfer case end of front shaft). not greaseable, but looks solid and the old one was coming apart, seals busted, clicking, etc.

Based on prompt courteous service and driveshaft-only expertise I'd recommend them. Nice guys as well.

J

Dropped it at KM, they were done end of day - replaced with Spicer u-joint and yoke (for transfer case end of front shaft). not greaseable, but looks solid and the old one was coming apart, seals busted, clicking, etc.

Based on prompt courteous service and driveshaft-only expertise I'd recommend them. Nice guys as well.

J
I'm not a fan of Spicer joints, and non-greaseable universals will fail. You don't drive a Camry. Talk to Onur @beno and get OEM joints. The fronts should last the life of the vehicle if they are greased regularly.

And what's going on with the drain plug in the oil pan?

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Spicer joints, and non-greaseable universals will fail. You don't drive a Camry. Talk to Onur @beno and get OEM joints. The fronts should last the life of the vehicle if they are greased regularly.

And what's going on with the drain plug in the oil pan?

Thanks for the advice Jon. I'll reach out to Beno.

The thing on the oil pan is a Fumoto valve.

Hmmm. I call it a rock magnet.

Yep I've read the pros and cons. I love it for oil changes. I keep the standard plug in my glovebox

Yep I've read the pros and cons. I love it for oil changes. I keep the standard plug in my glovebox
I'm on their website now. Cool idea. However it's not for me and the way I use/abuse the truck.
"Drive carefully at all times, and if you run over any foreign object on the road pull over and check the valve for any damage or leak."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom