1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lighter load and braking ...

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by T Y L E R, Jul 20, 2003.

1. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Hi ,

I just removed the rear seats today , and it occurred to me that without that extra weight I may have more of a nose-down attitude than before . Imagine that , as I get fitter my 80 is losing it's fat ass as well *rofl* .. ahem , so the question I have is this . If the 80's rear does come up some , will that affect the brake proportioning ?

So far it feels pretty normal , and I wonder if that is due , in part , to the fact that the brakes are stopping a little less mass ...

Tyler

2. landtank

landtank SILVER Star

Those seats aren't that heavy and I wouldn't worry about the proportioning valve.

So how's the luxury man cave? Hope things are well with you.

3. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Rick ,

Thanx for the input . I still lack a dining room table , so I'm heading down to Toronto to pick up the oak table I grew up with at my folks place . Thought without the seats I'd have a better chance of fitting them . Other than that things are pretty much the same ... though I've never eaten so healthy *G* Tons of fruit , veggies .. even got out the 'ol wok :p Cut the bulk down to 215lbs from 230 . As soon as my powertec rack arrives , I should be back to top form ... 8)

Drop me a line , and let me know how the house is coming ...

Cheers ,

T