Light Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just keep in mind, there is a large difference between fog/driving lights, and the lights you listed. I live in Utah, people love their lights out here, and in the desert I do too, BUT you need to find something with a good cutoff or you will be blinding oncoming traffic. I used Jeep JK Led fog lights from Amazon with some fabrication they are perfect in the ARB. I would focus your search on fog lights and avoid the flood lights, if you want to use them for daily driving.

LED HARLEY LIGHTS

Something like this is going to send more light to where you really want it, its not totally about overall lumens, more about how they are used. The issue with most bumpers, with the exception of a few, is the area where the fog lights should go, tapers back so they cannot be mounted flush (they would point to the side, rather than pointing forward). So you might need to be a little creative finding a place to mount them.

I run these BajaDesigns XL Sports with "wide-cornering" lenses, wired directly to the factory fog light circuit (2.8 amps draw total). They build these to order, so you can get several lens configurations: "driving", "driving/cornering", or "Wide Cornering" or yellow in the above config's.

If you want to see the light patterns explained click here

Just keep in mind, there is a large difference between fog/driving lights, and the lights you listed. I live in Utah, people love their lights out here, and in the desert I do too, BUT you need to find something with a good cutoff or you will be blinding oncoming traffic. I used Jeep JK Led fog lights from Amazon with some fabrication they are perfect in the ARB. I would focus your search on fog lights and avoid the flood lights, if you want to use them for daily driving.
Good point! I will definitely get more use from a fog light than a flood, this is my dd/trail use vehicle. Thanks!

I run these BajaDesigns XL Sports with "wide-cornering" lenses, wired directly to the factory fog light circuit (2.8 amps draw total). They build these to order, so you can get several lens configurations: "driving", "driving/cornering", or "Wide Cornering" or yellow in the above config's.

If you want to see the light patterns explained click here
Nice, little out of my price range!

LED HARLEY LIGHTS

Something like this is going to send more light to where you really want it, its not totally about overall lumens, more about how they are used. The issue with most bumpers, with the exception of a few, is the area where the fog lights should go, tapers back so they cannot be mounted flush (they would point to the side, rather than pointing forward). So you might need to be a little creative finding a place to mount them.
I like these, wonder how they will look on the rather large front bumper? Something I need to figure out!

LED HARLEY LIGHTS

I am going to order these Harlley lights to go on my front bio, see any issue with them going here, in the lower corner of bumper?

20160928_184733.jpg

Those WARN lamps have the same rating/spec as your OE 55W 9006/HB4 ('99 100 series) lamps so they'll be fine, no need for a relayed harness.

Those WARN lamps have the same rating/spec as your OE 55W 9006/HB4 ('99 100 series) lamps so they'll be fine, no need for a relayed harness.
Thanks!

Finally got the aftermarket fogs wired up to the factory switch! Now I am wiring another set with a nilight wiring harness with in line fuse and relay. Red from relay goes to battery, red from switch goes to? Ignition fuse? Just plug wire end into fuse slot with fuse?

Got it, never mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom