Light bulbs for Land Cruisers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More minutia

This is/was a good thread and taking the info I replaced the instrument cluster and dash pad lights. The dash pad light made a big difference in the amount of light. Ditto for the blinkers, high beam indicator and the speedometer area. I can now see my speed at night. However, I was dissapointed in the amount of light added to the fuel and temp gauges. I can't really notice a difference.

Is that common or what I should experience?

I had similar results. I did not mess with the shields. I replaced the 2 cluster bulbs with these, RAYBRIG R111 Hyper Green 168 wedge 12V5W

www.intakeone.com/Light_bulbs/R103to111_168wedBulbs.html

The speedo and gauges are a bit brighter than they were with the clear LEDs. The OEM bulbs were clear, I suppose, and they are available also, but the green tint is mild and seems to match the lights in the dash pad and for the heater lever. The green reminds me of my grandfather's plymouth. He let me move it for alternate side parking before I was legal.

has anyone installed these in a fj55 dome light? .......ordered one from "tasksled"........awesome improvement in the 60 but way to short to fit in a 55..TIA:cheers:

Lou

Alkarich--I did not try the bulbs with the shields installed I just went ahead and removed them. The improvement is huge. Like I said this was really easy to do and well worth the time and money.

LED lights for the fj55

Marshall; this is a great write up:clap:...........any idea of how these would crossover to the fj55s?............TIA;:cheers:

Lou

Who knows what the instument light base # is.

Is it 194/168 wedge base or 74 Wedge Base? Im thinking 74

Marshall; this is a great write up:clap:...........any idea of how these would crossover to the fj55s?............TIA;:cheers:

Lou

Ditto, would love to change out all of the bulbs to led. I looked at their site and didn't see the same # of the main bulbs used in the rear brake/turn and front turn signals.

stupid question..... on an early rig (12/71) with the push turn light sockets are the bulbs 194's?

if nobody has done it yet i guess i could pull my dash out but, I would like to see if some has done it yet.....

Thanks

Yo Troll, thought I would bump this thread since I just came upon it. Any replacements of the bulbs since installation? I would assume the LEDs hold up a lot better to the jarring environment of the FJ40 than the OE bulbs...but just checkin'

Reviving this thread to confirm a few things on LED flashers:

Got a 1980 BJ42 (12 volt) and am about ready to place my order at superbrightleds.com. The only question remains as to which LED flasher to get (see pics of my OEM flasher). I noticed that superbrightleds.com has a couple 2-pole flashers, but the prongs are not spaced appropriately to fit my cable...I saw that some people just use a couple wires with male/female ends to manually bridge the gap.

I also noticed that CCOT sells a flasher kit but I am unsure if this one works with LEDs? This one seems like it would be the most direct plug and play, assuming it is amenable to LED turn signals.

Can anyone recommend the appropriate flasher to order for this situation?
1626717019007.png

1626716932368.png
1626716843389.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom