Lift Kit for 87 fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey everyone...im new here. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good lift kit that is sold for an 87 fj60. It has a four inch lift with thirty threes but i want a bit more clearance and flex. Just two more inches would be good but i want to fit thirty fives. would that be enough? and also i would want to go with a full kit for the extra inches...i dont know what it is about blocks but I just dont like to put more than an inch of blocks inbetween leaf springs...If anyone has an fj60 or 62 on 35's please let me know what you used and also where to get it.
Thank you.
b.mas

you probably want to go spring over with stock springs for 35" tires, search SOA and you will find alot of help

x2 on SOA search.

i run 35x12.5 bfg mud terrains now on mine with ome lift and the extended length shackles and 2 inch body lift with slight fender trimming and i have barely a rub when very flexed out. Getting ready to go soa in the rear with chevy springs and remounting the front shackle hangers two inches lower. I just want 37's. but 35 are great sua and if you have the lift and all a little two inch body lift is way cheaper than soa.

Good luck
Bryon

I'm running 35's with 5" Alcan Springs (SUA) and HFS extended shackles. Alcan is out of Grand Junction and their springs are about $400 a pair (last I checked)

at this height, you will need longer brake lines, front axle shims and longer shocks (SUA) and steering would benefit from hysteer although I don't think its mandatory

thanks everyone for the advice. It really helps. Now i have to go do more research just so i know i am doing this right.

If you decided to go SOA, I'll swap you my stock springs for your 4" lift springs. Where are you at, there might be somebody nearby that has done something similar

I laugh every time I read that.

:lol: Glad I made someone laugh.

One of my favorites is "60 series cruisers aren't slow cars, they're fast tractors." I forget who it was, but it's hilarious.

Back to the thread. I think I want to buy some stock height, but a little bit longer, Alcan's when I do my SOA. Whatever weight capacity I want with all the flex in the world.

Bringing back the dead...

What shackle length are you running, 3" ones on the front and rear?:

i run 35x12.5 bfg mud terrains now on mine with ome lift and the extended length shackles and 2 inch body lift with slight fender trimming and i have barely a rub when very flexed out. Getting ready to go soa in the rear with chevy springs and remounting the front shackle hangers two inches lower. I just want 37's. but 35 are great sua and if you have the lift and all a little two inch body lift is way cheaper than soa.

Good luck
Bryon

was running the extended length shackles anti inversion shackles front and rear think they were from man it aint free but i dont remember the length and dont forget the body lift

good luck

Bryon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom