Lift Install Help/Shop Recomendation in Chicagoland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

My 2007 4Runner with 140,000 miles on it is in desperate need of a new suspension. I’ve settled on Bilstein 5100’s front and rear with OME 884’s in the front and Toytec Superflex in the rear. I’d also like to replace the front and rear sway bar bushings. I’m looking for a reputable shop in Chicago that can install aftermarket components for me. Or, if you’re in the area and are experienced, I’d love to get my hands dirty and help install it. I’d pay you handsomely in cash.

Let me know, I’m in downtown Chicago and willing to travel outside the city to have this done at a reputable place.

Thanks,

Will

There isn't really a shop out here that specializes in our make of trucks. We do our own work when we need to get something done. Do you already have the parts? The work that you described isn't that difficult and you should get to know your truck(s) more in case you need to fix anything while on the road or trail.

I recommend having the new front springs and struts assembled first. That will make the job faster and easier. Have a shop do it!! Unless you know someone with a good spring compressor... Don't use the rentals imo

If I find the time I may be able to give you a hand.

I recommend having the new front springs and struts assembled first. That will make the job faster and easier. Have a shop do it!! Unless you know someone with a good spring compressor... Don't use the rentals imo

Good advice, it's always nice to keep your fingers attached to your hands.

Good advice, it's always nice to keep your fingers attached to your hands.

Was it yours that I almost wrecked my retarded sister on? I couldn't remember...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom