Lids for 100s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, I cut some 1/4" adheasive weather strip and it worked great for not catching the edge of the tailgate plate. However the square edge of the weather strip now catches on the gap between the metal and the plastic lid.

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

Is it possible to make a piece similar to what you already fabricated, 40" long and set up like this?

untitled.JPG
IMG_0601.jpg
IMG_0602.jpg
untitled.JPG

Last edited:
Alex, your drawing is exactly what I already posted a picture of. :D

Come on, I had to show off my mad paint skillz:p

I know that you don't have a Hundy to play with on a day to day basis, so I was adding some measurements;)

And I'm just picking on ya. ;)

It does help though, the sizes for that took me forever to piece together since I don't have a 100 here. I took a tracing of the ribs on the top for the hole placement but they did not come out perfect with the first one I made.

I'll make some adjustments and try it again.
What would be helpful at this point is if someone has a set plate lying around that they could send to me, I could make it perfect then (and also use that as a basis for a heavy duty replacement down the line)

KR

If nobody is local for you that has a spare, I'll send you mine. Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Videos!

Exciting evening last night, finally got the chance to install a 100 series production lid, overall I am very happy with the fit and function.
The install also gave me the chance to document the installation so that I can put together a template and set of instructions for everyone.

Those details are for another thread, for now, an overview:

Here is a look at the interface between the new lid and the unmodified set plate:

And again, but this time with the bumper plate, we decided to got that route, good call:

And a short video that shows the infamous lift-assist spring:

I know that is a lot of videos, but they are all short. :p
A big thank-you to Tim for letting me cut a hole in his new 100, now that I have installed one, I have the photos for the instructions, made sure the fit was right, and I've got the first batch of 100 frames here that I can start sending out! (I haven't sent any emails out yet if you think you should have gotten one :p)

:cheers:
KR

Last edited:
Cool. Will you have any spare set plate bumpers that I can get from ya? Lemme know how much and I'll get you the $$$$$$

Yup, I had you in mind Alex! I used Tims truck to fine-tune the hole placement so the screw heads sit centered in the rib profile, got a template being laser cut now so I can make one for you with the holes in just the right spots.

KR

Still waiting on that email....LOL!

Glad everything is coming together! Looks Great!

Yup, just like all my other stuff; "way too much money for a bit more storage space!"
We're all nuts in the head. :p

I've been trying to keep the price the same as the 80 series lids but the extra size, parts, hardware, and labor keep adding up so the 100 lids are going to have to be $50 more expensive.

I posted the price breakdown on my tailgate lid webpage just the other day:

100 Series Tailgate Lids

$390 + Latch Options ($90 or $45)
$15 for Grip plastic Option
~$30 Shipping
Total anywhere from $465 to $525

Like I said, waaaayy too much money. :bang:

Hey folks,
Just a heads-up, I've worked my way through all the emails in my 100 series folder, everyone who wanted one is set up now and I've got 4 frames left from my last batch.
They are up for grabs if anyone is interested.
Once those are gone I'll make a few more and try to keep them in stock from now on.

:cheers:
KR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom