For Sale LHD 1988 BJ73 To Be Imported Tampa, FL $25,900 loaded (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LHD 1988 BJ73 187,000 miles to be imported. Bonded Florida dealer asking for $5000 deposit via contract. We can customize some options and make changes.

Truck to be sold Florida title delivery Tampa, Florida. Mileage exempt due to Florida title. $25,900. No dealer fees. We can arrange enclosed or open shipping buyer's expense or quote final fixed price.

Truck is not in Florida and we are just starting 30 day overhaul. We own the truck.

Clean LHD Japan built BJ73 original 3B, PS, disc, 5 speed. snorkel.

Truck is clean good body lines and has satin black matte finish.

has custom front and rear bumpers and side bars

Roll bar.

Truck is running and driving no issues so far but we are going to overhaul it.

Truck gets:

3B compression test and review. if its needs rebuild or you want rebuild we will do that.
new clutch
rebuild transmission and transfer case
review brakes
review steering
pull radiator
clean fuel tank
new AISIN manual 4x4 hubs
review alternator
etc

gets Toyota AC installed

new high quality vinyl or leather interior installed. new foam. seat bases painted.

5 passenger layout. ask for 7 passenger.

Custom soft top shipped with the truck

tires 32 inch 5 new tires 5 new alloy wheels

can get OME lift extra option

new exhaust

new stereo 4 speakers

new custom vinyl floor coverings

paint red firewall black

If you have seen our FJ40s or FJ43s this will be the same spec.

IMG_2148.jpg
IMG_2150.jpg
IMG_2151.jpg

86 FJ73 we sold. Had actually an original Toyota soft top but we can replicate one similar quality and included in price for the black truck.

bertha-fj73 - 9.jpg

Again remember black BJ73 to include likely black high quality vinyl. New custom vinyl floor coverings. new panels. rear side panels. rear door panels.

seat bases taken down to metal and repainted. new foam and high quality vinyl or maybe leather.

I need to find a plastic center console. I have a Tuffy box not sure if these fit well.

FJ40 interior here but similar quality.

volcan4x4-luna-1982-fj40-land-cruiser-37.jpg

Interior another FJ40. Same quality proposed here for the BJ73. Note custom mats/floor coverings.

6 seatbelts Raquel.jpg

Raquel front seats.jpg

Rear panel going in on the FJ73 white.
Rear panel..jpg

Last edited:
rear doors BJ73.jpg

BJ73 black.jpg

BJ73 engine..JPG

paint is satin/matte finish. this is not an auction house truck but suits the theme.

We have a budget to do paint touch up under the truck and want to paint that firewall black.

Floors show clean above and below but we are putting it on a lift to check further. These 70 series actually rust worse than the 40s unfortunately.

If someone wants to choose interior options or a turbo or OME lift and specific tires that is fine.

My process is usually to sell COMPLETE trucks but with a deposit will consider backing off some of the options. The truck at a minimum needs a mechanical review, new interior and new wheels and tires and AC.

I will post photos as we progress. thanks

I can look for a pickup. send message. Clean BJ73s are hard to find getting beat up and picked over.
Hey there,

I haven't been through this process but I would love to have one of the trucks. Let me know the process if you don't mind.

If you want the engine to survive you might want to face the snorkel head forward,facing them backwards is one of those great South American inventions.....like draining the coolant and run on tap water :(

GLWS

I do believe snorkels are faced backward for dusty climates that do not have pre filters. I noticed quite a few in Nicaragua were faced backwards as well.

It seems like prefilter snorkels are best for consistent dirty conditions (dust, mud) such as where this BJ73 probably came from. The Land Cruiser pickups/troops in Nica come stock with a Toyota snorkel with prefilter installed. It's not even an add-on, rather, requirement, haha.

As stated above, for driving in the States, it may be more beneficial to turn that sucker around so it breathes better.

yes I hate the snorkel that way! for aesthetic reasons. haha I knew you guys would be on that detail! and yes I do think it is a local thing. we send the truck for compression test.

I dont have photos but the truck has hydraulic PTO from Toyota apparently. please post if anyone has had one. We need to find the original hydraulic winch if we can.

Truck has good body lines good clean floors. paint is good. I usually normally do fancy shiny trucks but this satin black is a look people like.

front and rear floors clean. We do think it is likely 187000 miles due condition.

needs interior have to hunt all that stuff.

IMG_2160.jpg
IMG_2161.jpg
IMG_2162.jpg
IMG_2163.jpg
IMG_2164.jpg

yes I hate the snorkel that way! for aesthetic reasons. haha I knew you guys would be on that detail! and yes I do think it is a local thing. we send the truck for compression test.

I dont have photos but the truck has hydraulic PTO from Toyota apparently. please post if anyone has had one. We need to find the original hydraulic winch if we can.

Truck has good body lines good clean floors. paint is good. I usually normally do fancy shiny trucks but this satin black is a look people like.

front and rear floors clean. We do think it is likely 187000 miles due condition.

needs interior have to hunt all that stuff.

View attachment 1312471 View attachment 1312472 View attachment 1312473 View attachment 1312474 View attachment 1312475

Wow a hydraulic pto,we are so lucky to have experts like you finding all these rare gems

Joe

Thanks Joek. I will let the 20 trucks I have restored, imported and sold speak for themselves. I try to apply a uniform standard to the overhauls. Let's see how this truck listed turns out. I think it will make a very nice truck for someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom