Let's See Your Toyota Expedition Build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Silver Star,unfortunately I don't habe any more pics here on my mobile. I am promising some more later...
Anyway, here is a short story around this build.

As mentioned, we are also using a VDJ 78 with a high GFK Roof for traveling. As the space inside didn't really satisfy our needs we decided to drive over to UK to buy a (cheaper as in germany) HDJ81. We got a good,almost rust free 94' one.
Back home I added a OME 2"Lift,Tough dog 45mm shocks, 305/70R16 Tires and cut it just after the B post. I found a company which is usualy building fridge boxes on trucks,asked for a quote and ordered finaly a box with just the rear door and an aluminum frame laminated into the floor. Cut the roof out again to built a popup roof for more living quality. The box is 2,45m x 1,85m x 1,45m. Weight is about 240kg. Which means the car lost about 150kg compared to its weight with the rear seats.
I added an additional fuel tank with about 80L capacity and also a water tank with 45L. Water pump with a tap inside and a shower connection outside. And finaly and eberspächer air to air heater dor the inside.

We used the car so far just for a 4 week trip to Marocco. Absolut happy about the concept. More space for living,more comfort compared to the 78 (as the HDJ has an auto transmission and cruise control, coil springs etc.)

Pics a following soon.

Burkhard

2016-01-24 20.43.55.jpg
2016-01-24 20.37.39.jpg
2016-01-24 20.38.29.jpg
2016-01-24 20.44.43.jpg

Guess i still need to learn a bit more about - how to use this forum...sorry for the mess...

Wow, sign me up! That's some good work! Unique and functional, that's got me thinking about 80's in a whole new light...

Sent from my iPhone using paper airplanes.

I love your mess :)

Thanks,I appriciate your comments the biggest issue back home is that i'am back home....its always hard to adjust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom