1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's see some home made trailer pics

Discussion in 'Trailer Tech' started by BAILEIGH INC, Jan 28, 2009.

1. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC New Member

Post em' up
  2. sseaman

sseaman New Member

There are a lot if you search, but here is mine

[​IMG]
  3. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC New Member

right on
  4. kennyfj40

kennyfj40 Regular Member

Here is my M416

Attached Files:

5. titanpat57

titanpat57 SILVER Star

Ahh what the hell...

Attached Files:

• Ort2.jpg
      Ort2.jpg
      File size:
      82.3 KB
      Views:
    • Ort3.jpg
      Ort3.jpg
      File size:
      89.5 KB
      Views:
  6. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC New Member

That is awesome! I might be too fat to sleep up in there though.
  7. Exiled

Exiled SILVER Star

SWEET! I think this trailer deserves its own thread! Let's see some close-up shots of the kitchen/sink area, the shower mount, the storage box, and the tent! What brand is the RTT? Looks *great*!
  8. kennyfj40

kennyfj40 Regular Member

Thanks!:) The RTT is from the car top tent company. Here are a couple more shots of the storage/kitchen box. Also the water tank and LP tanks. Got all my insperation from this thread and Drews great build and information he provided. Here is a list of the mods:
    26 gallon water tank that feeds the shower, sink and spicket on the front of the trailer powered by a flowjet pump.
    Deep cycle battery in action packer storage box with fuse panel. 2 15volt solar panels that lay on top of the storage box to help recharge the battery. 2 12 volt recepticles on each end of the trailer.
    On the kitchen box, I place the 2 burner stove on the folded down door for cooking. The sink drains to the ground and I place a hose to route the water under the trailer.
    I am using a 12 volt bunk warming pad to provide some extra warmth on the cold nights.
    The tent works great. The first trip I took it out on was to the Great Smokey Mountain Trail Ride and it poured down rain almost every night we were there. Never had any water in the tent. Also took it to the Cruiser Crawl last year and it rained a couple nights there and no leaks. I'll try and take a few more pics and post them up.

Attached Files:

9. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

That thing does need it's own thread...

Can we get some more info on the water setup with detailed pics. It's very similar to what i was going for.
  10. denis

denis (O) toyota nut (O) SILVER Star

do you actually have something to contribute or are you only padding your post count :grinpimp: ?
    :flipoff2:
  11. OlympiaFJ60

OlympiaFJ60 New Member

X3

What do you think of the on demand water heater?

12. kennyfj40

kennyfj40 Regular Member

Here are some additional pics of the water set up. I ran a hose from the tank to the shurflo pump. From the pump it goes to a T. One side goe to the spicket on the front of the trailer, the other goes to another T. One side of this T goes to the cold side of the sink and the other to a cut off switch before the water heater. It goes from the switch to the inlet of the water heater. From the outlet of the water heater it goes to a T with one side going to the hand held shower and the other to the hot side of the sink. The water heater works great but you have to make sure you have the dials set up for the pump flo and heat. Last time I had it out camping I had both dials on full. It would heat the water up for about 20 seconds and then shut of the gas. You could hear it shut of, so you just shut the water off at the shower head and waited a couple seconds and then turn it on again. After I got back home and had plenty of water to waste I got it dialed in so it runs perfect.

When we took it for a 4 day 3 night camping trip, 2 people could take a shower each night and use the water to wash dishes etc. and we still had around 5 gallons of water left in the 26 gallon tank.

Attached Files:

13. kennyfj40

kennyfj40 Regular Member

Here are a couple more pics of the sink drain and the solar panel holder under the RTT.

Attached Files:

14. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC New Member

Let's see some more trailers!
  15. REZARF

REZARF New Member

Here is a crappy camera phone pic

Attached Files:

16. REZARF

REZARF New Member

And here are a few better ones...

Attached Files:

17. REZARF

REZARF New Member

Kenny, you got to do a thread for us man, that thing is SWEET! Great job, looks like I could learn a lot from your water and solar system!

Come on' help us out! :D
  18. sseaman

sseaman New Member

Drew, does your count as homemade?

You and Kenny has set the bar so very high.
  19. REZARF

REZARF New Member

It was made in my garage with hand tools, a chop saw, and a welder if that is what you mean :D
  20. Markgyver

Markgyver Regular Member

Toyota Box Trailer

Here is a pic of mine.

[​IMG]