Let's play a game... spot the mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This should be fun. Can't wait to try this stuff out. I'm sure it will use gobs of data. But nothing like being able to control your computer on the road. I'm running Windows 7 and Tiger, as well as Chrome. I can access all 3 from the iPad wherever I go. The refresh rate isn't bad, you can adjust the quality down and it will speed up the refresh pretty quick. I will find out how it pans out in the 100 on the trip this weekend.
image-1774267899.jpg
image-4278363417.jpg

Another app you may want to consider is Avenza's PDF maps. Let's you use any georefrenced PDF as a map background. It is free and has free PDF downloads. Great for wifi users especially. This is what I use at work because I can make maps with any layers I want. I'm planning on making all of the Cruise Moab maps available for download next year too.

Also Esri's ArcGIS app has free streaming topo and aerial while in cell service. Can't do much with it without a pro license.
image-2415584860.jpg

I use an Acer A500 Android tablet with BackCountry Navigator for the same purpose. Hardware GPS is built into the WIFI version and BackCountry Navigator supports saving all the maps to a SD card. Only $399 The best part is, my tablet supports usb drives, so I can keep all my media on an external drive, then apps on the tablet itself and maps and other downloads on the built-in SD card.

Food for Thought.

CappyKD said:
I use an Acer A500 Android tablet with BackCountry Navigator for the same purpose. Hardware GPS is built into the WIFI version and BackCountry Navigator supports saving all the maps to a SD card. Only $399 The best part is, my tablet supports usb drives, so I can keep all my media on an external drive, then apps on the tablet itself and maps and other downloads on the built-in SD card.

Food for Thought.

Sounds like a great setup.

I'm very happy with it. I use tethering if the tablet needs internet access and I also run the Torque app (via ODB II blutooth scantool) for realtime unbuffered digital gauges.

The scantool functionality is why I asked about IAT readings during the Dyno run. (From the DT Header dyno thread you started) Thanks again for making that happen.

Ram mount is here. Installing tomorrow. I've heard a few complaints about shaking or not stable enough. I am going to brace it on the trans firewall if I have any issues.

Ram mount is here. Installing tomorrow. I've heard a few complaints about shaking or not stable enough. I am going to brace it on the trans firewall if I have any issues.

just weld in some 4" x 1/4 tube. chicks dig it. gives them something to hold onto. :flipoff2:

Nick, I put a little strap across the arm drilled into the trim on the side of the console. Seems to be working well but I'm still planning on replacing the adjustable rod with a solid steel tube bent to match.

1loudLX said:
Nick, I put a little strap across the arm drilled into the trim on the side of the console. Seems to be working well but I'm still planning on replacing the adjustable rod with a solid steel tube bent to match.

Post up some pictures. Mounted mine earlier today, definitely has a few wiggles. I am going to brace it tomorrow at the center console somehow.

I got my ipad all loaded for Ouray. My mount didn't ship till late and won't be here till Tuesday. Good thing I got an otterbox

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom