1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lenght of Ford 250 Towers

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Uglibus, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Uglibus

Uglibus

I need to know the total length of the ford 250 shock towers which people are swapping into their 40s and 55s. I need the measurement from the bottom where it bolts to the frame to the bolt for the top of the shock.
    Thanks,
    Michael Aaron

2. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    mike, did you ever get your measurements? if not, i just bought a set. bottom to top is 14 1/2. bottom to lower bolt hole is 3/4". lower bolt to upper bolt is 2". bottom of bracket to the bend is 4", leaving 10 1/2 from the bend up, but you can mount the bend above the frame a little bit. i'm hoping to get 11" above the frame to the shock bolt. for reference, frame to shock bolt on a stock cruiser is 7 1/2".

i ordered mine from mountain states ford in commerce city. cost for the pair after tax was a wopping $18.76 (i don't know if you'll get the same price, i get a discount since i'm in the biz). local junkyard wanted $100 just to cut them off a frame! if you order them from mountain states ford, talk to bo, and just tell him you need the same towers that the norske woman from kenworth ordered.

3. rusmannx

rusmannx

lets see some pics

4. nuclearlemon

Media:
  5. nuclearlemon

Media:
    went a little big on cutting the fender, but i may put a piece of rubber across there.

6. the shed guy

the shed guy

They are cast steel, so I cut mine and made 2 out of 4, long as I needed at the time.

Those F250 units look simle though.