LED dash light package? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Isnt there a vendor selling the whole shebang? I lost another chunk of illumination last night on the dash and several other things have been dead for awhile(shift console, sections of the AC/heat controls, the D light, etc).

Really big pita to source all the different bulbs individually...

True, true. I don't wanna pull the gage cluster out more than once.

I'm interested also, quality LED's that work with the dimmer control, cause no radio interference, and produce a similar wavelength green light as OEM.

No hijack intended but a good place to ask, does anyone know if LED's produce more or less heat compared to the OEM filament/incandescent bulbs?

Yeah, I've read all those posts but get lost with all the type A, B, t10, t14, etc, etc.

If a guy threw together a package for 150 doll hairs it would be nice

I'm in if it happens

I sort of did this upgrade. Installed the dome, cargo and map light. They are super bright. I have the bulbs for the dash, but I have not installed them yet. I got the whole package together. The gauge cluster is a PITA to get at, I've removed it before, but I won't do it until one of them burns out and they all work right now. Once one burns out I will replace them all. The thing to remember though it there is no dimmer and these are bright little buggers, so be forewarned if you are fussy about night vision.

The problem I've faced with trying to install LEDs is you have to know which side is positive and the which negative. I got tired of taking everything apart and putting it back together. If someone had a guise that would be helpful as well

Last edited:
Would you be able to dim the LED lights like the original cluster lights? I'm in if someone can make a kit for us. Either similar to the factory color or white.

The problem I've faced with trying to install LEDs is you have to know which side is positive and the which negative. I got tired of taking everything apart and putting it back together. If someone had a guise that would be helpful as well

Get a 9v battery at the local dollar store and a helper and just check the lights before you install them. It's what I did behind my dash. I replaced them with green LEDs from superbrightleds.com it's a darker fuller green than stock but I think it's easier on the eyes and matches the greet I can get out of my stereo.

Use a multimeter to check continuity across the LED. If you get no continuity switch your probes to opposite leads. You should get continuity.

On some LEDs the positive lead will be longer or have a thick flat spot at the top of the lead at the diode base.

I'd be interested as well but it needs to be quality stuff. I freaking hate the cheapy crap that's been bandied about here lately.
:hmm:

Use a multimeter to check continuity across the LED. If you get no continuity switch your probes to opposite leads. You should get continuity.

On some LEDs the positive lead will be longer or have a thick flat spot at the top of the lead at the diode base.
I meant the positive and negative on the cluster..

I swapped the instrument cluster LED's to white and took the little green condoms off the wedge bulbs in the heater panel. It was super easy and yes you can dim it with the factory dimmer knob.

and here is the list of LEDs you need. Taken from another post somewhere on this forum. Sorry I don't know who I got the screencap from.

where did you get that cruiser gauge thing ?

I swapped the instrument cluster LED's to white and took the little green condoms off the wedge bulbs in the heater panel. It was super easy and yes you can dim it with the factory dimmer knob.

and here is the list of LEDs you need. Taken from another post somewhere on this forum. Sorry I don't know who I got the screencap from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom