Least Aggressive All-Terrain Tire?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes, this is an oxymoron. Bottom line, it’s time for new tires and I’m currently running the BFG’s AT KO’s – older version (not the KO2’s). While I mostly commute in and around Atlanta, I still prefer an all-terrain tire. I also own in the NC mountains so there is an occasionally trip up there which takes me off the pavement. The old BFG was great, good enough for everyday yet carried an aggressive stance. To me, the newer BFG is much more rugged (sidewall) and not sure I want to go that route the next time around.

I run 275/70/18’s on my ‘06 Cruiser – 117k miles. It’s fairly pedestrian with Ironman rear springs (2 inch-ish lift), and Tbars cranked in the front. I get comments all the time on the stance, which I believe tires are a big factor there.

With that, any suggestions? Thanks guys.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Michelin LTX's? I run Nitto Terra Grapplers. Great on the pavement as well as off road. Have had the Michelin's, both LTX and the LTX AT2's. Both excellent.

I just replaced the old KO's with KO2's, and I think the road noise is less than it was with the KO's
I'm not sure if that was the reason for a less aggressive tread. I'm running stock springs nad no adjustment up front but given your stance these would look great and I think you would like the ride coming from KO's. I posted some pics here if you want to see should be post #7177

What have you done to your 100 Series this week?

I like that stance BTW. What Ironman springs are you running? Do you like how it rides with those?

I run Yokohama Geolander A/T-S 315's on my 80, the are quiet and are wearing well so far. 100x better in terms of regular everyday driving than the Cooper STT's that the previous owner put on it.

I've run the Yokohama Geolander A/T-S on 4 different trucks now; a 4Runner 235/85's, GX470 275's, and two different 80 series 285's and 315's. Excellent performance in everything except mud and I have yet to wear a set out in less than 60k.

Another for Terra Grappler's. Smooth and quiet on pavement yet can handle light muds without issues.

Yokohama Geolander A/T-S

Don't let them get old. After about 40k they tend to explode. They have cost me two dually fenders over the years. DRWs last lots of miles, but those tires don't. I currently have a set of four Daytons on the back that are at 60k with about half tread remaining.

We've got AT3's on the GX470 and KO2's on the FZJ80...the KO2's are quieter...they look more aggressive, but their road manners are impressive.

Don't let them get old. After about 40k they tend to explode. They have cost me two dually fenders over the years. DRWs last lots of miles, but those tires don't. I currently have a set of four Daytons on the back that are at 60k with about half tread remaining.

that doesn't sound good at all. So 40k and replace huh?

We are trying Pro Comp A/T Sports on the runner (made by Cooper). Impressed by the warranty and reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom