LC 200 in Baja 1000 this year (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great stuff! Tough break...but a good read.

Way to BATTLE, guys!

Good read. They had fuel issues and then throttle body was stuck. Lessons learned and good luck next time.

Fueling issues likely caused by the dirty throttle body, and when the TB was pulled to be replaced, a cracked intake manifold was discovered.

Hood-deep silt + modern engines = not so good :)

We tried to convince Check6 to stay open so the team could continue...but the cracked manifold meant MAJOR damage was possible...no point in destroying the engine entirely.

The Canguro 200-series is IMPRESSIVE...I had the good fortune of being a navigator for the team when Joe Bacal raced it (Lexus badged) and we hit 108mph on the sand plus some nice air time during the 2013 Mint 400 :)

intake manifold on 5.7L are plastic parts. go figure. may need a super charger to fix that issue.

We don't have the stock intake. It's plumbed into the cab and the filter pulls from the passenger side footwell. We think the mount on the firewall cracked. Haven't torn into it yet. What it comes down to is what Woody mentioned above. Got behind the clock and couldn't get caught up. I was behind the wheel when we blew a motor a few years ago in our old Class 5 so needless to say I was a bit hesitant to push the motor any farther this year. It's no fun when you're the guy who blows up the motor. We figured save it and fight the battle another day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom