Landcruiserimporter.com (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This has been posted before in another section of the forum but lately there has been more people coming forward to post their experience with Angel Atencio. I hope if posted in enough areas that other buyers doing a search will see these before they make the mistake of buying from Angel and Leo Atencio.

I wanted to post this to prevent the horrible ordeal I've experienced with LandCruiserImporter.com.
Ebay name is "goldendays91" or "dieseltoyotalandcruiser" they keep changing their name on EBay. AKA....Angel and Leo Atencio. I bought a 1977 Bj40 from Angel after many phone calls and emails, she's a great con-artist. She assured me that all of her vehicles were rust free.......came from the mountains in Costa Rica where the climate is dry therefore no rust. Also she said they don't use any bondo or filler on any of their vehicles. In her Ebay ad she states "Absolutely no rust or bondo/filler". After I agreed to purchase the Bj40 she then convinced me to pay outside of Ebay because i would save money and she could give me a better deal.
So I agreed to deal outside of Ebay, (I'm a very trusting person and always try to think the best of people) another big mistake. Her other way to scam Ebay by avoiding negative feedback is to delay shipping. She kept giving me excuses as to why she couldn't get to the shipping dock allowing time to expire on giving feedback. When my Bj40 finally arrived it was a shock! The paint job looked like a rattle can job done in a dusty alley. Rust was bleeding through the paint, holes underneath filled with Great Stuff foam and so much bondo it was probably the only thing holding the vehicle together. The cruiser was leaning so bad to one side and Angels explanation was that it just needed some new rubber bushings. After a few mechanics with over 20 years experience dealing with Land Cruisers looked at the frame they said it had been cut on and was so manipulated that there was nothing that could be done. I contacted Angel and she said she couldn't understand what happened. She again assured me that it was their mechanic/painters fault and she had no idea of the vehicles condition. She said not to worry that i wouldn't lose any money, she wanted me to be happy. She told me to sell it and she would refund the difference to me. So after spending close to $20,000 I was left with a piece of junk. I tried to sell the vehicle at local dealerships but the feedback was the same....looks like a lot of hidden rust and bondo. I feel lucky that I was able to get 6k for the rust bucket and rid myself of the eyesore in my garage. Needless to say Angel never refunded the difference of course and just avoided my phone calls. I've made some mistakes in my life but this was the most expensive and stupid one to date. I know there are many out there that have been taken by this couple. Hopefully enough of us can spread the word so others aren't screwed.

Found another link from someone that was screwed by Angel
landcruiser importer will cheat you!

This has been posted before in another section of the forum but lately there has been more people coming forward to post their experience with Angel Atencio. I hope if posted in enough areas that other buyers doing a search will see these before they make the mistake of buying from Angel and Leo Atencio.

I wanted to post this to prevent the horrible ordeal I've experienced with LandCruiserImporter.com.
Ebay name is "goldendays91" or "dieseltoyotalandcruiser" they keep changing their name on EBay. AKA....Angel and Leo Atencio. I bought a 1977 Bj40 from Angel after many phone calls and emails, she's a great con-artist. She assured me that all of her vehicles were rust free.......came from the mountains in Costa Rica where the climate is dry therefore no rust. Also she said they don't use any bondo or filler on any of their vehicles. In her Ebay ad she states "Absolutely no rust or bondo/filler". After I agreed to purchase the Bj40 she then convinced me to pay outside of Ebay because i would save money and she could give me a better deal.
So I agreed to deal outside of Ebay, (I'm a very trusting person and always try to think the best of people) another big mistake. Her other way to scam Ebay by avoiding negative feedback is to delay shipping. She kept giving me excuses as to why she couldn't get to the shipping dock allowing time to expire on giving feedback. When my Bj40 finally arrived it was a shock! The paint job looked like a rattle can job done in a dusty alley. Rust was bleeding through the paint, holes underneath filled with Great Stuff foam and so much bondo it was probably the only thing holding the vehicle together. The cruiser was leaning so bad to one side and Angels explanation was that it just needed some new rubber bushings. After a few mechanics with over 20 years experience dealing with Land Cruisers looked at the frame they said it had been cut on and was so manipulated that there was nothing that could be done. I contacted Angel and she said she couldn't understand what happened. She again assured me that it was their mechanic/painters fault and she had no idea of the vehicles condition. She said not to worry that i wouldn't lose any money, she wanted me to be happy. She told me to sell it and she would refund the difference to me. So after spending close to $20,000 I was left with a piece of junk. I tried to sell the vehicle at local dealerships but the feedback was the same....looks like a lot of hidden rust and bondo. I feel lucky that I was able to get 6k for the rust bucket and rid myself of the eyesore in my garage. Needless to say Angel never refunded the difference of course and just avoided my phone calls. I've made some mistakes in my life but this was the most expensive and stupid one to date. I know there are many out there that have been taken by this couple. Hopefully enough of us can spread the word so others aren't screwed.

Found another link from someone that was screwed by Angel
landcruiser importer will cheat you!

Sorry to hear this! It really pisses me off when people pull this crap, especially when advertising a "pristine, solid Land Cruiser, worth the investment." . Is their business located in the U.S. as well as CR? Who was declared as the Importer on the documentation?

At the moment, you're doing the most you can by making their poor business practices open to the public. I hope you find closure on this in the near future. Keep us posted.

*the following comment is not meant to "rub it in", but is simply to educate those of you who buy in ebay*

Anyone who sells vehicles on eBay on regular basis pays an upfront fee to list that vehicle with no final value fees charged. They pay the fee whether they sell the vehicle or not, And therefore save no amount of money by doing business outside of eBay. And in fact increases their chances of getting a flaky buyer by doing business outside of eBay. If a seller ever asks you to do the transaction outside of eBay run away because this is an immediate red flag that they are a crook . The eBay process is there to protect the buyer and the seller.

Angel and Leo are well known dirtbags... The actually listed one of my cruisers for sale on ebay and claimed it was theirs, I had a buddy in the states contact them for a deal on the truck, she agreed but wanted the money wired to her brothers account in NY... I contacted the law here and was moving forward however, they have since skipped town and are now in Orlando area. These are the kind of people that make it very difficult for honest importers/builders to sell a good truck. Anyone interested in all the info I have on em including their new frontman here in Costa, PM me, real pieces of chit, period... Sorry to hear about your screwin at their hands but don't give up on buying a good cruiser, I have several and you can put your hands on em in the states...

I am sorry to hear about your plight. That said, My statements are for future buyers. I still can not understand paying $20K for a vehicle having never laid eyes on it in person. I just makes no sense. I guess $20K means more to me than other folks.

1. If it is not already in the states PASS
2. Buy a plane ticket and go look at it, CHEAP INSURANCE
3. If something feels fishy, it probably is, PASS
4. Leave your emotions at home, just because it's a LC is no reason to abandon all normal rules of business. Probably a reason to be more vigilant.

These people are professional con artists, they are good at their craft. Due diligence is the buyer's responsibility.

i sold a car to a guy from a used dealership in another state and had a contract drafted up and had it notarized... just like you would if you were buying a house... why would you agree to such a crazy scheme "you sell it and and i'll refund you the difference" without a signed contract to legally bind her to this agreement?

good luck getting your money back :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom