LandCruiser Expedition 2016! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I said I would post up a beginner thread when I got back, and I'm back so I am!

Last meeting we talked about this years expedition where we discussed possible areas to explore and dates.

Seemed like a most people were keen on the idea of returning to Gold River (since last year was such a blast) but changing the route a bit. This year we would make it more of a loop and less doubling back. essentially winding out way from Gold River up to Thasis and Woss. Donner Lake was suggested as it was a fun trail with a stellar view and camping spot at the end.

Another option is heading further north and hitting up the endless un-gated roads on the north end of the island. The down side to this is the amount of driving. Unless we were able to go for longer than 4 days it would be a very packed trip with a LOT of driving.

Last year we had our @Diesel Cruiserman and @JimJ join us a day late. this worked for their schedule and worked out well for the rest of the group as well. This can be made possible this year for anyone not able to get all the time off but still wants to join in a a couple days of rowdy good times.

Dates that were preferred among were August 5th-8th (first weekend of August) this can be moved around but seemed like a good time to go for most. Dates will have to be confirmed first and ASAP to allow everyone interested to take the appropriate time off work.

I'll make a more detailed thread once some key details are hammered out

Cheers!:beer:

11988524_10156087551480235_4284879558846454478_n.jpg
Photo Creds go to @Sweatyforehead for this killer shot

I would certainly like to come along, I've been to 2 club meetings once upon a time.

Bought this bad boy today and need to get some use out of it this summer
yDeKoHg.jpg

Awesome! Matchy matchy !
IMAG1304.jpg

Naturally, I'm working that weekend. I'll see if I can get the weekend off, but it's pretty doubtful.

Hopefully it's still possible to get out into the woods this summer, I could see the whole of bc getting locked down if we don't get some serious rain between now and then.

Naturally, I'm working that weekend. I'll see if I can get the weekend off, but it's pretty doubtful.

Hopefully it's still possible to get out into the woods this summer, I could see the whole of bc getting locked down if we don't get some serious rain between now and then.

I'm sure more than just this trip will happen....and ya it could be a little dry if it doesn't rain I'd say

your always welcome to ride along with me brother!

I was cruising through another website and came across this site. It has a very well thought out route. I know its
poaching of someone else's idea. But hey, it's the internet. I hope this gives you a couple of good ideas for your
planning purposes. Its quite complete, and has good information. I won't make this trip cause work, but hope it helps.
Vancouver Island Grand Loop

I was cruising through another website and came across this site. It has a very well thought out route. I know its
poaching of someone else's idea. But hey, it's the internet. I hope this gives you a couple of good ideas for your
planning purposes. Its quite complete, and has good information. I won't make this trip cause work, but hope it helps.
Vancouver Island Grand Loop

i've heard this route is only really do-able on bike...could have changed though. would be a great trip!

OK I've come to realise I've had a few people ask me "why not the long weekend...the weekend before?". this would be the august long weekend. If we were to go on this weekend it would mean taking one less day off. We would go from Friday July 29th until Monday August 1st.

Dates seem to still be up in the air but need to be hammered out soon to allow members to have ample time to book off said days.

Also people need to start to RSVP to this event, its hard to map out a route when numbers are up in the air. Depending on how many people are coming, camp sites will have to be changed (certain locations can only accommodate a at most a half dozen vehicles).

So please please please let me know if you 1. Intend on coming no matter what, 2.plan on coming depending on dates, 3. If only for 1 or 2 Nights or 4. If you plan on coming but will be a passenger.

thank you, looking forward to this trip
lets get proactive about it!

Lachlan Palmer

Yea maybe just stick to the original dates if that's the case.
I'm in matter what. We should have our meet early in July. Maybe the 12th or so?

I won't be able to join this year boys. Really wish I could...

awesome! might need a couple more days though....

This is true. Plan is to leave Williams lake Saturday Aug 27 (free camping in my Moms driveway, btw)

Return when we have to. I have the whole week off but we won't be that long.

If anyone is interested (seriously) then get ahold of me and I will share more of the plan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom