Land Cruiser Solar Power (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I checked the system today and it was reading 13.4 at ~2pm.

"I don't always drink beer....but I sure as hell wont pass one up that's 32 degrees son!"

32° is for the water. I always let the beer temper to ~50 degrees before consumption. IPA's are meant to be consumed at cellar temp.

I am a beer snob, I'll admit it. :beer:

A beer snob should know IPA isn't beer.... lmao. From one to another. I prefer my Porter with a spoon, please.

ps: until you've been here and had their RauchBier, you have no clue what beer is.
http://www.schlenkerla.de/

It's the sort of thing you never forget... :D

Last edited:
:beer: Beer Speak

Been there and done that. Actually have a couple of bottles tucked away in the beer fridge.

Did you make it into the brewery? I think the general slaughter house aroma of smoked ham put me off the beer; I brought bottles back for friends, as payback for making me understand the differences of Michelob and Salvator.

:beer: Beer Speak

https://forum.ih8mud.com/goto/post?id=9237277#post-9237277

Did you make it into the brewery? I think the general slaughter house aroma of smoked ham put me off the beer; I brought bottles back for friends, as payback for making me understand the differences of Michelob and Salvator.

We didn't make it into the actual brewery. We just had lunch at the biergarten. There was some construction going on when we were there and no tours. Smoked beers are an acquired taste and not very common. My wife and I both like them. Alaskan brewing makes a good smoked Porter also, if anyone is interested.

Schengela is by far the smokiest of any of the Smoked Beers I've tried. And inside the resturant - windows or doors open to the brewery during brewing. The ordor was overwhelming. Just sitting at the table was like eating over smoked ham. The bier was - well - not as enjoyable as I had hoped. I like odd brew, but drinking it inside was overwhelming. Our host recommended sitting outside (he'd visited many times), but being furreners the SO and I wanted the old world Bavarian feel... lol. I'll seek out the Alaskan - I've tried a few others I don't recall, none as potent as the Schengela (the whole episode at the brewery reminds me of Dr Mengela).

So to completely steal the thread, where's a good multi-tap brewhouse here in Phoenix?

*Mind Blown*
Great thread and one I will certainly reference many times going forward. Anyone running the solar into a HAM radio setup? Any experience with Goal Zero's products?
Alaskan Smoked Porter uses grains smoked across the street from the brewery in the salmon smoke house. It is an amazing flavor. I prefer my stout with oatmeal though. Bring on Rouge Shakespeare and Samuel Smith's Oatmeal stout.

So to completely steal the thread, where's a good multi-tap brewhouse here in Phoenix?

Last time I was at Yard house for dinner, I noticed they have an endless amount of taps which include some very interesting regional beers

Try Angels Trumpet Ale House. 810 N. 2nd Street. Just south of Roosevelt.

They have 31 beers on tap, and 5-6 wines as well. Great food! They do not doing any brewing, they just serve other people's beer.

The Central WA Mountains are NOT the place for Solar Panels when boondocking. Best I saw was 13.2v for an hour at most in the last 7 days.

Brough-haaaa-haaaa ... did you even see the sun that week?

On the flip side, you must have good panels because 13.2 means amps were going in rather than constantly leaking out ... so the panels WERE working for you.

Last edited:
Last time I was at Yard house for dinner, I noticed they have an endless amount of taps which include some very interesting regional beers

Pita Jungle in Peoria has a decent selection and one of the few places for San Tan local on tap. I would ask Cantinero he is the CSC expert on beers and taps in the valley. His knowledge is beyond belief when it comes to beer.

*Mind Blown*
Great thread and one I will certainly reference many times going forward. Anyone running the solar into a HAM radio setup? Any experience with Goal Zero's products?
Alaskan Smoked Porter uses grains smoked across the street from the brewery in the salmon smoke house. It is an amazing flavor. I prefer my stout with oatmeal though. Bring on Rouge Shakespeare and Samuel Smith's Oatmeal stout.

I'll start looking for the Alaskan Smoked -- sounds odd enough to enjoy. I made an oatmeal myself, yeast was too mellow though and died at 4.6% ... sigh. All my beer friends loved the stuff though - and begged for more. Could never recreate it... made a mistake recording something in that first batch, but what a wonderful mistake.

I really like this thread.. .solar panels and now beer!

I am also very involved in the beer scene in the valley. I am a homebrewer, ASH member for 4 years now, and been brewing for 6 years. I volunteer at beer fests and recently became a certified beer judge.

Great places to go: East Valley: Hungry Monk, especially on Wednesdays, $3 beers and they have 20 something craft beer taps. Arizona Wilderness Brewing was named the top new brewery for 2013 on ratebeer.com and they recently did a collaboration with Mikkeller, a Danish gypsy brewer known world wide. House of Brews increased their tap line to 50 something a couple of months ago, they're over by Warner and Cooper. Fate Brewing in Scottsdale is really good! They have delicious brick oven pizzas too. x2 on Angel's Trumpet, great place. Four Peaks is solid and San Tan makes some great seasonals. They just tapped a new double IPA that clocks in over 100 IBU (even though we can't taste beyond that) and like 10% ABV. I hear it's really good too! The Perch just started brewing about a month ago and the brewer is doing some good "one off" beers, he currently has a ginger pale ale that seriously needs to be paired with sushi. There are a few breweries opening up soon that I'm pretty excited about, Beer Research Institute will be by the AMC theater at Baseline and Cooper. Mother Bunch Brewing will be open in the next couple of months and they're located downtown near Roosevelt district off of 7th street. For those out on the West Valley, check out Ground Control... Ian Harwell runs the beer buying there and he's doing a great job of keeping their 20 or so taps full of great craft beer.

I could keep going but I don't want to hijack this thread too much. The beer scene in AZ and overall in the US is growing amazingly! It's an exciting time right now for craft beer.

I really like this thread.. .solar panels and now beer!
There are a few breweries opening up soon that I'm pretty excited about, Beer Research Institute will be by the AMC theater at Baseline and Cooper

I'd volunteer for some official "researching" there :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom