KZJ78 starting problem (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, you may be right. Never thought about the 2nd speed sensor. Will look into it. Btw, do u happen to have the KZJ78 ecu pin diagram. The one I have is the KZN130.

I have the Surf one also...Found on the net.
And one from the engine manual I have for the 1KZTE appears the same, so they all must be ???

Can scan it on Monday and post it....

Just an up date to all 1kzte owners

I have just gotten a 1kzte going with simial problems as people mention the spill control valve uses varing voltages to allow the right amount of diesel into the pump it's possable the the spill control valve is faulty it should read 1-2 ohms it is also possable that the ecu has had the capasators leaking onto the pcb board easy to replace 4 caps and check the tracks around the caps the system is very simple you should have minamal voltage at idol

The KZJ78 does have the 2nd speed sensor , its up high in the transfer adapter .
Dave

Did you ever sort this problem?

I'm working on my dads 1kz LandCruiser and having similar issues. Old engine was getting really smoky so the garage advised he replace it. They put another engine in, couldn't get it to start and gave it back to us.... Needless to say, they didn't get paid.

I've been through quite a lot of the suggestions in this forum, we've tried a number of ECU's all from the same model, checked voltages on the pump and checked the spill relay.

If anyone's got more ideas I'd love to hear them.

Cheers,
Ali

Has anyone found a solution as my KZJ78 has just stopped starting! Is the the ECU controlling the pump? Is it easy to put on a mechanical pump? Has anyone done the conversion and if so knows the part number or model for the pump?

Graeme

I am new to this forum. I am looking for help to locate EFI relay in my 95 KZJ780033273 This is a japanese landcruiser prado diesel model. The ECL does not come on and the bulb in the checked ouy good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom