Kubota B2620 not starting. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jdc1

SILVER Star
Threads
20160919_133024.jpg

I have a 2012 Kubota B2620 that isnt starting. I jumped all of the safety switches, replaced battery and ignition switch. I have glow plugs and acc. position on ignition switch. It will start and run if I jump the solenoid.

Anyone have any suggestions or experiences?

Thanks,

Jesse

Can you hear the solenoid click when you attempt to start ? There may be a relay inbetween ignition switch and starter solenoid.

If your:

Seat safety switch
neutral switch
and any other position switch (mid mount PTO, rear PTO, rear position control) are all good, then the only other think it can be is the fuel cut-off solenoid. Jump that and see if it stayes running.

Nice tractor. I have a couple myself (CAT and a Massey Ferguson) and they are far too handy to be down for long.

If your:

Seat safety switch
neutral switch
and any other position switch (mid mount PTO, rear PTO, rear position control) are all good, then the only other think it can be is the fuel cut-off solenoid. Jump that and see if it stayes running.

Nice tractor. I have a couple myself (CAT and a Massey Ferguson) and they are far too handy to be down for long.

You are spot on about how handy these are. I have 5 acres and heat mostly with wood and this thing is like my right hand.

Yep, I call it tractor time. It's so relaxing.
Here's my CAT
And my dad helping me one the Ol Massey

IMG_0850.JPG

WP_20160618_001.jpg

I also own a B-series Kubota. There is another ignition safety switch on the clutch pedal (not sure if the switch is mechanical or hydraulic), so check that too. The click you hear on turning the ignition key is usually the fuel cut-off solenoid opening.

If your:

Seat safety switch
neutral switch

Agreed.
Too many safety switches on these newer machines. We have John Deers at work. A jumper wire seems to be the norm to find the bad one.

Can you hear the solenoid click when you attempt to start ? There may be a relay inbetween ignition switch and starter solenoid.

If your:

Seat safety switch
neutral switch

I also own a B-series Kubota. There is another ignition safety switch on the clutch pedal (not sure if the switch is mechanical or hydraulic), so check that too. The click you hear on turning the ignition key is usually the fuel cut-off solenoid opening.

Make sure your PTO lever is disengaged. Both of them.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. This morning after starting it with a screwdriver for the last time, I called the dealer to get an estimate for troubleshooting the tractor. 4hrs @$85/hr lit a fire underneath me to figure this out. I fully charged the battery, started her up and wasn't showing a charge to the battery(multimeter). The google was showing alternator or voltage regulator(behind dash). I went for the voltage regulator first, after removal it had a blister on the rubber filling in the back. Pulling the pigtail back revealed a bunch of corrosion, burnt/broken connections and mouse hair. A quick $125 later for a new one and she fired right up. I hope this helps in the future. I was pulling my hair out jumping the safety switches.

I just bought a Kubota B2601 last December. Haven't gotten to use it much, but I'm looking forward to getting back to my property where it lives. Have you gotten on the Orange Tractor Talk forum? I bet they could help you out.

I just bought a Kubota B2601 last December. Haven't gotten to use it much, but I'm looking forward to getting back to my property where it lives. Have you gotten on the Orange Tractor Talk forum? I bet they could help you out.

Its working properly now. There was one small thread buried in one of the kubota forums that mentioned the alternator and voltage regulator. What was driving me nuts was once the tractor was running, all of the safety switches worked properly. Thank goodness for the Web.

You'll love the tractor. I use mine almost everyday. I am considering building a grapple thumb for my bucket or building a set of pallet forks.

You'll love the tractor. I use mine almost everyday. I am considering building a grapple thumb for my bucket or building a set of pallet forks.
Yeah I'm very excited about it. Typically when I spend that much I have a bit of remorse but I felt great about the purchase. And with Kubota's 0% finance, it was a no-brainer. Got the backhoe w/ mechanical thumb, teeth for the front end loader, a brush hog, and box scraper (for grading out my gravel driveway). I've already got a list of projects that need taken care of a page long. Looking to install some LED work lights on the ROPS as well.

Yeah I'm very excited about it. Typically when I spend that much I have a bit of remorse but I felt great about the purchase. And with Kubota's 0% finance, it was a no-brainer. Got the backhoe w/ mechanical thumb, teeth for the front end loader, a brush hog, and box scraper (for grading out my gravel driveway). I've already got a list of projects that need taken care of a page long. Looking to install some LED work lights on the ROPS as well.

I shopped pretty hard when I bought mine and the clean used tractors were pretty close in price to the new. Throw in 0% and it made sense for us to buy new. I think I would have bought the deere if I went 1 size smaller or bigger than mine.

Why is that? My wife and I had previously bought a Kubota RTV (Deere Gator equivalent) that we are very happy with. Can't beat the 0%.

Deere had just redone their 1series and it had alot of features that the BX kubota didn't. I also looked at the next size up and like the deere better in that tractor as well. I only shopped Orange and Green as we have 2 decent local dealers.

I was unfamiliar with your 2601 and am impressed on the changes they made. I like that they added position control and moved the brakes to the other side. Sometimes when I get into a tight spot, I'd like the option to brake one side and it's impossible on mine with the brake and HST pedals on the same side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom