Koso slim water temp gauge install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just added my koso gauge..love it thanks @half k cruiser great idea..i got my gauge in celsius,and it sits around 86c in the city..only complaint was the wire wasn't long enough to reach .and i had to extend it..also the sender i got with it was not a tappered 1/8 npt thread..so i tapped it with 1/8 bsb..and used plenty of thread tape+ sealant
temp 1.JPG
temp 2.JPG

It is one of the best mods I have done to my truck. Major piece of mind.
Went wheeling in October and was stuck in traffic on I-75 for four hours.
When I was between two semis with the trailer skirts the temps would creep up a couple degrees. When I was sitting between two semis without trailer skirts it would give me a cross breeze and the temps would drop back down to normal. It may be my imagination but I don't think so. It just goes to show how sensitive and reliable these gauges are.

Thanks again Half-K

I did this about 8 or so months ago. One of the best mods I've done to my truck.

Did this same install yesterday and am glad I did, great peace of mind now as the dash gauge has a dead spot from around 120-180. Huge dead spot IMO! I now know that I'm running just under 180 @60mph, might be a little low due to outside temps being 20 today. You can speed up the install a bit by using a drill to tap the hole, just go slow! keep your drill bit and tap greased up and its a quick job

just added my koso gauge..love it thanks @half k cruiser great idea..i got my gauge in celsius,and it sits around 86c in the city..only complaint was the wire wasn't long enough to reach .and i had to extend it..also the sender i got with it was not a tappered 1/8 npt thread..so i tapped it with 1/8 bsb..and used plenty of thread tape+ sealant View attachment 1015685 View attachment 1015686
What the "fuel tank" light? Never seen that before...

I just received my KOSO super slim thermometer, and it came with a meter, sensor extension, 2 mid-way connections, velcro, but NO temperature sensor. Now that I've visited the KOSO site, it appears the the temperature sensor is no longer included in the package. I'm having a hard time sourcing a temperature sensor with 1/8 NPT threads since I already received the sensor attachment (http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/39-mm-water-sender-attachment.aspx). I'd like to get the KOSO temperature sensor since it comes with an compatible connector to the extension wire, but they don't list a 1/8 NPT option. They listed a PT1/8x28, but I'm not sure if it's the same as 1/8 NPT.

These are their options:
PT1/8X28 <-- Is this the same as 1/8 NPT?
M10XP1.0
M10XP1.25
M12XP1.5
M14XP1.25
M14XP1.5
M16XP1.5
M18XP1.5

It would seem they are listing it as Pipe Thread 1/8-28
But I thought 1/8NPT is 27tpi, not 28
EDIT: after checking the Koso webpage and catalog, it seems the sender should be in the kit. Also, it is 1/8 BSP(British standard pipe) which is not tapered. The thread is different. Do a Google search for British standard pipe threads for more info.

Last edited:
@wlittleman that sendor should have been in the kit with everything else. I don't know, maybe the kits are different then they were 3 years ago. I used 1/8npt to thread mine and it worked great, just a dab of silicone on the threads before I tightened it down.

Thanks guys, I'm going to contact the seller, and let them know is missing. I may have interpreted website incorrectly as the "optional senders" are all different threads than the one that should have come with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom