Knuckle vs Axle kit P/N's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yooper

SILVER Star
Threads
CDan, or whomever,

What's the difference between 04434-60015 (knuckle gasket kit?) and 04434-60051 (axle gasket kit?) besides about $100?

I'm planning a knuckle/axle rebuild on my 1990 FJ62, want to use OEM parts, and I'm ALL confused...

thanks,

04434-60015 fits cruiser Jan 79 thru FJ62 and solid axle mini truck. 04434-60051 applies to 80 series axles 91-97
In the case of the 04434-60051 it is cheaper to buy the individual components than the kit.
Your FJ62 would use the 04434-60015, the inner seals are 90311-33085 x 2 and the trunion bearings are 90366-17001-77 x 4.
Wheel bearing seals are 90311-62001 x 2. Lock washers 90215-42025 x 2.

Cheers, D-

That's what I get for reading the 80 and 100 series forum! Thanks, Dan!

Gonna hijack my own thread here: I can't help but notice your avatar and sig. I bought a DCM M1 about 8 years ago and have done nothing with it but carefully store it. I now have time and $ to play with it but I don't quite know where to start. Is there a place to look up the S/N and find out more about my rifle and/or an information rich web site such as this one out there somewhere?

You can start out at the CMP website. www.odcmp.org
There is a big area for related sites, among them Culver's shooting page and Scott Duff, M1 expert. Also Bruce Canfield. There are enough links there to keep a guy busy for some time. Do you intend to compete with it in DCM Highpower Service rifle? I enjoy that just as much as Cruisers :D

There were 4 manufactures of M1's, Springfield Arsenal (SA), Winchester (WRA), Harrington and Richardson Arms (HRA), and International Harvester (IHC). SA and WRA were the WWII mfgrs. SA HRA and IHC built rifles in the 1950's. There were just over 6 million produced.

Since you are ignoring yours, I think you should sell it to me.... ;)

No way! My firearm storage days are coming to an end, now that I live in the country and have a real job. I will never sell this rifle - it's way too cool and will definitely become an heirloom. Mine's a Springfield, 296xxxx, and it has a "P" stamped into the wood just behind the trigger guard. The stock is a little beat up but the rest of it looks really good - a clean bore and the parts in the receiver look like new... According to to Culver's it was made June, 1944 - cool!

I could see myself doing some light competitive shooting someday, but I got too many other things to tackle before taking on that whole deal...

thanks for the links!

Hopefully you have the original barrel, it should be SA and have a date around march to june 44. You can see the date on the side of the barrel when the operating rod is retracted.
There should also be an inspection cartouch on the left hand side of the stock, just ahead of the wrist if the stock is a WWII vintage.
It sounds like you have a very nice piece. Don't shoot corrosive surplus ball ammo, feed it well...... ;)

Yep, SA June 1944. :D

No inspection cartouche, though. :(

No crappy ammo for me - it'll be mostly reloads once I get going again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom