Key fob won't lock doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if any of you have experienced the issue I've run into, or any of the resident electrical gurus could point me in the right direction. I decided I would try to get my factory key fobs working again. For the past couple years, I've just been using the key in the door and a viper keyless entry/remote start system for the 4-5 years prior. Key fobs will unlock all doors just fine, but will not lock.

So far I've...
- Searched the site and read everything key/lock/door related
- Replaced batteries in key fobs
- Replaced the motors in all five actuators
- Checked that the dome light and courtesy door light go on/off as expected with the open and close of each door
- Validated that all doors lock/unlock as they should using either the interior buttons or key in the door
- Swapped the lock and unlock relays on the cowl-side junction box behind the fusebox in the DS footwell

Some more info:
- When I unlock using the fob, the tail lights blink twice, but I press the fob lock button, no blink.
- I am unable to reprogram the fob remotes. When I get to the armrest door lock/unlock cycles, doors automatically unlock right after I press the lock button. Not mentioned in any of the key programming threads, so I'm guessing this isn't normal and preventing me from entering programming mode. Since I have the identical issue on both key fobs, I doubt reprogramming would resolve it.

Based on the info in this thread, my latest theory is that it's my wireless door lock ECU, or the contacts between the WDL ECU and the body ECU. If anyone has any thoughts on how to test this theory, or other recommendations that I should try first, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dean

My truck reacts the same way when there's a door or tailgate that isn't fully shut. I suspect one of your door closed sensors is stuck open.
Edit: I now see you verified the sensors with the dome light. Well at least I revived your thread.

Last edited:
I would check the point where the viper alarm wiring connected to the factory lock wiring to make sure wires were not cut or connected poorly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom