Kevlar/ Line-X Full Exterior 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's $3500 to do the same stuff that TLC uses for the ICON bodies. That shop is pretty close to me and I happened in when I saw one of the icon 45s in there.

It's $3500 to do the same stuff that TLC uses for the ICON bodies. That shop is pretty close to me and I happened in when I saw one of the icon 45s in there.

that's not as bad as the quotes I got, $5-6k, it seemed like they just wanted me to go away.....

still think I will go the monstaliner route as I figure I can get all the materials for about 500 bucks and do it myself with alot of elbow grease....

What I like about Monstaliner is the texture. Even though it's textured, it's a smooth texture, kinda like the texture applied to drywall. It's not the gritty sandpaper finish that most bedliners have.

9703747759_ad5f4e7b45_h.jpg

I did my Tacoma myself. I used 1.5 gallons of bedliner, which weighs maybe 10 pounds when wet, half that when dried. It also sprays clean with a garden hose. It may not have a high gloss finish, but it cuts the cleaning time down to about five minutes. It's tough. I demonstrate how tough it is by raking the tip of my pocket knife over the surface. It doesn't leave a mark. Keep in mind it is a very permanent decision. You can't undo it without five gallons of fuel and a match.

What kind of beadlocks are those on your tacoma?

My 2 cents - don't do it. Good from far, far from good. Check out Endura paint.
Endura is fantastic stuff. I painted my YJ with it years ago and it help up incredibly well to all manner of abuse.

It's really common in industrial applications too. The paint I chose was a silver metallic used on semi-trailer frames for Advance tanker trailers.

there must be quite a few differences in roughness depending on brand and intended use I would think. Yes, for the body just enough that imperfections don't show, but not rough sand paper.

Monstaliner rolled on is bumpy but smooth. Hard to explain. Not anything like sandpaper or the like. Did mine a couple days ago. The 156 holes I had to cover sucked ass big time. I'll do the top half this fall when it's cooler.
20BA4785-DD58-4B00-BA0C-A32BDB3AAE43.jpg

What kind of beadlocks are those on your tacoma?

12 bolt Trail Worthy Fab double beadlocks with the half rock ring. http://www.trailworthyfab.com/-200-12-Bolt-Hummer-Wheel-Special.html

A little OT, but I would not advise them for a DD as they are nearly impossible to balance. I had to find a stronger solution after destroying several aluminum wheels and a couple sets of BFG KM2's one summer. I haven't had a single flat or bent wheel since the conversion.

(two simultaneous flats and broken rims at 80+ mph sucks, 0:44 seconds in)

Endura is fantastic stuff. I painted my YJ with it years ago and it help up incredibly well to all manner of abuse.

It's really common in industrial applications too. The paint I chose was a silver metallic used on semi-trailer frames for Advance tanker trailers.

Endura comes in every OEM color, including metallic. I used 4E9. Still looks new - except for one spot on the rear QP where I laid her over in Panama. Good stuff!

I'd been planning on using Monstaliner for about a year and a half. But, I began to reflect on my total lack of auto body painting experience, tools, or adequate work space. Then, add to that an insurance company check for a deer-strike, and a good month at work. The result was an Aussie Locker for the rear axle, rock sliders, and a professional, guaranteed for life, Line-X job.

It's hard to see in the photos, but they followed the bodyline like AMAESING and LFD2037. It was just the sides, and I paid $900.00 out-the-door. It was worth it to me; I'm very happy.

2015-11-25 16.31.39.jpg
2015-11-25 16.31.57.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom