Keep yer eyes peeled for any FJ62s or 3FE FJ80s being parted out! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found a motor in Vacaville. I've got the head down at Douglas Machine in Gardnerville for a rebuild. All six exhaust valves are toast as well as the seats and guides so, I'm replacing everything with OEM Toyota parts. Chris also said the valve springs all tested on the extreme low end of the acceptable range so I'm going to replace them for good measure.

In Reno, AIMS hot tanked and mic'ed the block and rotating parts. They reported everything's in spec so I'm going to re-ring the pistons and find a Japanese bearing set for the bottom end. AIMS is going to polish and balance the crank, rods, and pistons for me as well.

Now I'm hunting for an Aisin oil pump, timing gear set, and piecing together a more/less factory gasket/seal kit.

Why not get ahold of Onur?
And how much did Douglas Machine charge you for the mill work of the head? Need to get mine done on the 60 and was recommended them by one person and A Plus machine up in Reno.

Also, the one place I forgot to mention was the Toyota Recycler in Rancho Cordova. RanchoToyotaTruckParts.com Seem to be a bit expensive but they have a few trucks on hand according to their website.

I know this thread is old but.

Chris is great and he is a cruiserhead, a 1fz head was about 225 to surface, and valve seals and check out. F head should be similar just less valves..

Good to know... My total from A Plus Machine in Reno was $400 including them farming out work on the manifold. Not sure I am happy with manifold work as I have a vacuum leak now, and that was $80 of their work. So looks like they were a bit more expensive than Douglas Machine.

Most places are more expensive than Douglas machine. Thus the never ending pile of work laying at their door.