KDK 2015R VHF given to me by neighbor. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have one of these relics?

I was chatting with the guy next door about his '70's motor home and he mentioned the radio he pulled out of it. He goes off to his garage and comes back with.. with this thing. He hands it to me along with an amplifier and asks 'can you do anything with this?'. I laughed and said not currently but I'll be taking the exam soon so maybe.

I don't have a power cord with the odd shape connector on the back so I don't know if it even works but it's pretty neat. Some google hits tell me this was a top rig back in it's day.

Just wondering if any of you have one of these things.

No, but I've had the successor, a KDK2030. If it works at all, it should be a good rig for you for a little bit, 'til you can get something newer. Then maybe move it into the house as a base station. If it's like the 2030, it has a limited number of memories to store frequencies, (10, or 5, depending on how you set it up - it's hard to explain quickly. I can go into it in another post), probably does not include PL (which is becoming more and more common on repeaters today).

Remind me what the power connector looks like?

I myself wouldn't pay over $25.00 at a hamfest table, but free is a very good price for you!! & a good price for something to get you listening while you're studying for your test, or while you're researching newer rigs.

I suggest you find a ham who works for a local 2-way shop, or is retired from one and has some test equipment, and can test it for you for transmit power, frequency error & transmit deviation, and receive sensitivity, and ask for tutoring on how to replace the power cable.

Neat.
Thanks for the advice.
There is a place near by that we use to service the radios we use at work. I've got some CB stuff there before. I'll take this radio to them and see what they can tell me. I also have an Icom 2100 I bought from the mud-bay. I was listening to some chatter just last night on 145.100 so I know it receives alright.

For now, I'm just looking for something to use on the trail but.. I AM a geek and tend to get drawn into things like this.

The power connector looks just like the mic connector except only two posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom