Kaymar Rear Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's the prototype........The production model has a tractor seat incorporated in the design.......... :slap:

Don't let that Cruiser photo fool you---she's got some scratches and scars.

Thinking about the gas can locations again, it couldn't be on the left side of the bumper, or there would have to be a swing-out arm like that for Kaymar. One might fit to the right of the tire. There's a mount there that I believe is for a CB antenna.

Nice crane, but cruiserdan, what you do in your spare time is your own business...! :eek:

It would take a much taller garage (or shop) door than I have to get something like that in place. Once I upsize to 33s and/or add a rack (probably add a rack well before upsizing tires, since I blew my allowance for the next few years stopping by Christo's place in January), I won't be able to park in the garage anymore, anyway.

I'll look into the spare tire mount and roof rack options, thanks!

Simmons

Simmons,

the only way would be to add another arm, which could be done but it is not easy. Or make a basket that sits behind the spare tire. However if you really want extra gas, I would install the 2nd tank from Man-a-Fre. They now have the stock 2nd tank for $295 I believe. That is a pretty good price and gives you 15 extra gallons. No mess no fuss.

Christo,

Very interesting information. That appears to be the same tank as one offered by our old sponsor, with a slight difference.
That being $460.00 :eek:

MAF wants $295.00 SOR wants $755.00 my, my,my.....

In reading both adds, the only differences I see are SOR claims the tank to be larger (dunno how that is), and theirs has a fuel pump (alot to pay for a fuel pump)......

Beo, do you think this is the same tank that George posted on?

Thoughts, anybody.......

Dan

Dan (and others) -

As to the MAF v SOR aux tanks, there are several differences:

1. The MAF tank does not have a transfer pump, the solenoid that operates it, nor the bracket/hardware required to mount them. You've got to find your own;

2. The MAF tank does not include the fuel pipe (77109-60052), a significant piece of hardware that would be required after the stock piece is removed (though, you can take a hack saw to the original and make it work);

3. The SOR package is not an 80 set up at all, rather a UZJ105 tank, straps, and filler neck. The tank will actually fit an 80 quite well, but there are fitment and operational issues with all of the pieces in an 80.

4. Neither package has the sub tank switch.

5. There is no known interface for either of these tank packages that will allow their smooth integration into an 80. In other words, the  U.S. spec ECU apparently does not understand "sub tank speak," though there may be a few surprises here, as the U.S. spec 80 (97s anyway) have the sub tank harness...

6. Neither is a "bolt-in" project, to say the least.

Do you have anything on that fuel pipe? (77109-60052)

Still, the MAF offering strikes me as a better deal...

Cheers !

PS: This digresses considerably from the Kaymar bumper issue, so I am going to start another thread that repeats this post...

How much total weight does a Kaymar or other bumper with dual spares along with the aux. fuel tank put on?

The OEM sub tank, full of gas, with all of the bits is approximately 125 lbs.

-R-

So I was poking around the newly revised Man-A-Fre site and was checking out the 4+Bumper. No price was listed so I e-mailed them and received this back:

The 80 series rear 4+plus bumper cost is $2,500.00. It is a special order only and can be installed by 4+plus company.

They are located in Globe, Arizona about 100 miles east of Phoenix.

They will need your Landcruiser for about 6 weeks to complete the installation.

:eek:

While that is way beyond what I'm willling to pay the 6 weeks must be an April Fools Joke!

Is the waiting room nice?

If there was a spot for my fenders......................... ::)

This is kind of an aside, but the solutions to having enough fuel are (1) diesel and (2) OEM aux. tank. :) The stock HZJ105 setup of 40 gallons at 24mpg would give nearly 1K mile range. I figured that at 12K miles/yr, the diesel will burn 500 gallons of fuel, the gas (at 12mpg) will use 1000 gallons. At $2/gallon (LA), that's an additional $1K/yr in fuel costs! Of course, we all knew that already. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom