Kansas - Magadan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally connected the batteries as it was laying around for a while. To my surprise my setup is not working :(

I bought the cruiser with the Surepower 1315-200 battery separator which is bidirectional battery separator. The solenoid connects both batteries if either of the batteries are being charged over 13.2 volts. The solenoid would disconnect if either of the battery would go lower then 12.8. The cruiser was bought with solar panel which was connected to the aux baterry that means that there was charge and the solenoid was connected.

Now without the solar panel I am scratching my head , seems that I will have to buy another battery separator now only unidirectional 1314 model.

This is from the surepower manual:

"The 1314A (unidirectional) and 1315A (bidirectional) are 100A battery separator modules with an integrated relay for 12V systems. The units monitor both the main and auxiliary battery banks. If the main battery (for the 1314A) or either battery bank (for the 1315A) is above the connect threshold, the relay connects the two banks together. If the main battery (for the 1314A) or either batteries (for the 1315A) are below the disconnect threshold the unit will open the relay. The connect threshold is set to a nominal voltage of 13.2V, which would only be reached when the charging system is operating. "

My bad I didn't check that before.

Jorge

Venting is not necessary for filling (although it is definitely better). However, for usage/draining, it needs to suck in air to.

I'm not sure about the connections you have, but you can just connect a small hose to a very high point so water doesn't come out when your on an angle.
However, overfilling can also lead to water coming out of the vent hole.

On my old landcruiser the vent hole (with small air filter inside) was also done through the body at a high location.
Now I didn't make a new hole for it, I just have hose to a high point, but if water is coming out it will be able to run away through the door opening. Not ideal, but better then inside the car.

If you just use an open hose, you could still run temperature sensor wires through there maybe?
Hi,

that's exactly what I just did. Run the temeprature sensor wire through vent . Had to buy one more fitting but now it should be all fine. Took all system down from the vehicle and applied teflon tape to all fittings also.

Update:

After having the tailgate lid prepared by @kc_chevota I was in process of installing the tailgate lid from @socallove and you wouldn't believe what I did. Working on the tailgate I placed the frame of it just where the garage door is as I was missing something I went to store. To my surprise when I came back from the store the garage was open and the tailgate storage frame was completely bent to U shape. Well I just screwed up , bent it back with bare hands and installed it.
Still works pretty well and other then it looks bad it's fine.

I got the indel b fridge and it looks awesome , the only thing is that it doesn't have drain plug which is surprising. I went ahead and ordered also Tembo tusk stripes delivered from Kanz outdoor.

Also got the Cabela's trail seat's which are pretty nice and fits very well

The water system is almost done, the water outlet is on the right side just above the exhaust , I will have to wrap it in some temperature resistant tape.

The fridge slide from the ARB outback drawers is kind of strange , when opened there is a gap and things would be falling down when opened. I will have to make some walls from plywood

The cabling of the roof is still in progress , the 10 gauge cable is there since from beginning as the PO had the solar panel installed. I will just reuse the cables - the only thing is the choice of the connectors. There are these connectors right now:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, I can still ship one out before you put the cruiser in the container.
You did a pretty good job with your hands, but can you take it off and straighten it out a bit more with a mallet and block of wood underneath?
Perhaps cut a slight dip into a 2x4 and try to hammer it down the best you can with aluminum slightly heated like 150*

Sorry to hear that, I can still ship one out before you put the cruiser in the container.
You did a pretty good job with your hands, but can you take it off and straighten it out a bit more with a mallet and block of wood underneath?
Perhaps cut a slight dip into a 2x4 and try to hammer it down the best you can with aluminum slightly heated like 150*
Thanks, I think that it is fine. I really don't care too much about the look but care much more about functionality. It works just fine and it doesn't limit me in any way. I think that I will leave it as it is for now. Too much on my plate .

Ok Jorge, let me know if you change your mind. Glad it still functions normally after being bent over so hard :p

Nope unfortunately , I was so desperate that taking pictures was my last idea. Really it was bent in U just in half as you can see from the pictures where it bent.

Made a net from paracord as requested by my wife to have some place to put clothes for kids:

Received the alu-box from @Equipt and unfortunately the box is defective. The shipping was fine and the shipping box was untouched but the box is cracked and is leaking very heavily.

I question the quality control on alu-box side :(

Got the lock box from @NLXTACY (wits enc) and also charcoal relocation bracket. The relocation bracket is little bit pain as the original bracket needs to be cut to be attached to new landtank bracket. Also had to move the negative cable from intake plenum to PS pump. There is little clearance between the canister and plenum but I think that it is ok. I occupied the space with the ARB compressor which fits in pretty well. Also got the lock box which is really nice.

Here is the lockbox:

Charcoal relocated:

ARB compressor installed, thanks to @half k cruiser who made amazing job creating custom bracket for it.

Received the alu-box from @Equipt and unfortunately the box is defective. The shipping was fine and the shipping box was untouched but the box is cracked and is leaking very heavily.

I question the quality control on alu-box side :(
Got quick response from Equipt1, great customer service !

Worked whole day on couple of things , properly mounting the ARB compressor , mounting helton heater and also circuit breaker.

Changed surepower 1415 to 1414 unidirectional and it is working as it should.

Last edited:
I think that my aux battery is gone. It is sears diehard premium 31m and it doesn't hold charge. The battery shows charged 100 percent after driving for two hours and then in the morning it shows 12.2 volts.

As this battery is not sold anymore what are the options , I am really interested in the Interstate batteries as they have great reputation on this forum and the price is pretty good.

Jorge

Spent whole day doing a box from plywood. The box prevents things from falling down to the drawer when the slide is open. Also received Kanza outdoor kitchen which is awesome. There are couple of ding on the box but I will just keep it.

The ship is leaving on 4th of April and loading of cargo closes on 1st of April. Decided to ship with FESCO which is Russian shipping company. Now dealing with visas which is pain and seems that the easiest way would be to ship passports to Czech Republic to have some agency arrange visas.

two days before departure , tent is done, boxes are mounted on roof rack. Battery is bought and installed. Water system is working fine and tested it today and got nice warm water. Kitchen is prepared , what is missing is finalize wiring of the roof and some minor stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom