K5 Blazer flat towing FJ40 to Colorado?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree with the masses. You might make it on the flat straight stretches of road but if you plan on heading through to western Colorado just do yourself (and anyone around you) a favor and look into a good trailer setup. Once you hit those mountain passes I guarantee you will be thankful you have a safe setup. There are no "good" ways around those beasts, they can be plain scary in just a single vehicle.
Best of luck, and copy that on thanks for your service.

Back when I was younger and dumber I did this with a '98 Tahoe 4x4. It was the day I bought it and also the day I almost lost it. Rainy and it almost pushed me into an intersection. Thank the Good Lord for antilock brakes or I would have for sure jack knifed it in the middle of that intersection or ran through it hoping not to hit anyone. Needless to say I was in NO HURRY to get the 4 hour trip over after that. If you were in a bigger truck maybe. One other thing, mine had a bad habit of trying to steer in the opposite direction if going really slow. I had to bungie the steering wheel to the pedal assembly. Best of luck what ever you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom