Just found my needle in a hay stack! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just joined the 120 club with a 05 GX470 Sport! I've had my eye out for a sport for a while now and I just found one at a Ford dealer in Orlando (2 hour drive from me). It is the second one that I've found in about 4 months of looking. The first one was gone in 2 days. I am really excited about this one because it has the base radio so I can swap it out with a modern nav unit.

I've had an 80 series and I still have my LX470, and I have to say.... I really like the GX. This thing drives like a dream. I enjoy driving it better than my LX (maybe it's the KDSS).

It was purchased in Orlando and lived it's whole life there. I will guarentee this thing hasn't ever been off-road. Probably never even seen grass. 139k miles, super clean. I had to pay $13,200 for it. I'm pretty happy.

Is the sport package with the base radio as uncommon as it seems?

Congrats on the find. Sport without nav is pretty close to a unicorn. I only saw 2 on autotrader while searching nationally for 3 months.

You'll love the way the KDSS handles on the road. I also have a sport with no nav.

Sport with no nav is pretty damn rare, a unicorn would be if it wasnt black or silver!

Haha either way, great truck you're going to enjoy it!

Just joined the 120 club with a 05 GX470 Sport! I've had my eye out for a sport for a while now and I just found one at a Ford dealer in Orlando (2 hour drive from me). It is the second one that I've found in about 4 months of looking. The first one was gone in 2 days. I am really excited about this one because it has the base radio so I can swap it out with a modern nav unit.

I've had an 80 series and I still have my LX470, and I have to say.... I really like the GX. This thing drives like a dream. I enjoy driving it better than my LX (maybe it's the KDSS).

It was purchased in Orlando and lived it's whole life there. I will guarentee this thing hasn't ever been off-road. Probably never even seen grass. 139k miles, super clean. I had to pay $13,200 for it. I'm pretty happy.

Is the sport package with the base radio as uncommon as it seems?
Can you post some exterior / interior photos of it? I'm still not certain I've seen what makes a "sport" a "sport." Thanks.

Can you post some exterior / interior photos of it? I'm still not certain I've seen what makes a "sport" a "sport." Thanks.

The interior of the sport will have dark wood trim - almost black. That's really the only difference inside. The exterior will have darker grey wheels (almost gunmetal kinda), a matching darker grey roof rack, and the same darker grey accent color on the front grill (mine is painted black). It also has KDSS - but you won't see that without crawling under.

image_zps14vyos36.jpeg

Last edited:
The interior of the sport will have dark wood trim - almost black. That's really the only difference inside. The exterior will have darker grey wheels (almost gunmetal kinda), a matching darker grey roof rack, and the same darker grey accent color on the front grill (mine is painted black). It also has KDSS - but you won't see that without crawling under.

image_zps14vyos36.jpeg
Oh ok. Gotcha.

Do I remember there being something supposedly different about the headlights? They look the same to me in the photo.

Oh ok. Gotcha.

Do I remember there being something supposedly different about the headlights? They look the same to me in the photo.

Supposedly, the headlights have black painted trim. Mine don't. I don't know if the PO replaced them at some point, and just got the standard lights, or if some years of the sport didn't have that.

Oh ok. Gotcha.

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply... The headlights, foglight, and backup lights have a smoked chrome backing instead of the bright chrome that all of the rest of them have. You can really tell if parked next to another one. It matches the coloring of the wheels and roof rack.

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom