June club run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I suggest we wheel at Anthracite in June. Apparently there are a lot more trails than what we saw the day I wheeled earlier in the year. Personally speaking I'll have three days of wheeling at rausch during the coal mine event so would prefer spending the club day next month at Anthracite. Some of the guys from Gotham City (they run coal mine) want to see what Anthracite is like and they want to wheel there one day while here in PA for Coal Mine. Would be good for us as a club to be more familiar with such a "home" site and maybe guide the Giotham City guys so they can see what it offers. Thoughts?

Agreed!

I am dying to explore Anthracite. There has to be some more challenging trails there.

I'm in for wheeling there one day during the CMCC, as well as for the next run. I may even try to get out there before our next run...

Does anyone know for certain whether an unregistered/uninsured rig (trailered, obviously) can be used at Anthracite? I've looked at the pages and documents on the AOAA website without seeing a definitive answer.

I'm in for checking out Anthracite.

@Crusha let me know when you are heading up before the June run. I may be able to meet you if you are up for the company.

@Stoshu, will do. I finally found someone to ship my truck back from St Louis for a decent price. It's going to be dropped off @fireball 's place so he can finish up the drawers.
Sunday the 31st is a good possibility.

Looks like i'll be done the HG this weekend so if it doesn't blow up I'll be good for whenever

Sounds good. I'm still waiting for wheel cylinders and a master cylinder, but should have it all buttoned up by then.

Ok, a pre-run, run to Anthracite on the 31st is in the works :steer:

Does anyone know for certain whether an unregistered/uninsured rig (trailered, obviously) can be used at Anthracite? I've looked at the pages and documents on the AOAA website without seeing a definitive answer.

I do not know about Anthracite but I go to the GW Forest with my rig and I'm in the same boat.

I see no reason why a trailered rig wouldn't be allowed at Anthracite. ATV's arrive on trailers, there is a large lot for parking a trailer and unloading, and your truck never has to drive on or cross a paved road once in the park. Gary S

Here's a few Anthracite vids from youtube...definitely some gnarly trails there...

The guy in the red jeep came close to really hurting himself at 1:40 in the first vid...

I'm iffy on going, depends if I get the head on.

Master cylinder just arrived this afternoon. I'll try my best to get it put together by the weekend @Crusha. I don't think the 60 will fair too good on some of that stuff...:eek:

Should've gone with 35s!

Master cylinder just arrived this afternoon. I'll try my best to get it put together by the weekend @Crusha. I don't think the 60 will fair too good on some of that stuff...:eek:

I'm just glad to know that it exists. If we can get out there this Sunday, I'd at least try to find out where it is. I recall the maps they had were lacking...

Master cylinder installed, brakes are good again, ready to go! Unbelievable what 30 years of accumulated sludge and crap looks like at the bottom of the reservoir...scary actually.

What's the plan? Meet up at 8:30 - 8:45 ready to roll at 9:00, as usual?

Never been to Anthracite, so I'll need to figure out where it is.

I'll look over the maps tonight as well.

@Stoshu, that's a plan!

So far it looks like just you and I, and maybe Ben @fireball

Anyone else interested???

Someone is going to have a clean winch line for this run. It's a complimentary service with every custom cargo drawer build.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432822055.990385.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom