Jumper Cables v. Micro Start Booster (1 Viewer)

Jumper Cables v. Micro Start Booster

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone know if these lithium batteries can be taken on a plane? I know some high capacity batteries are not allowed. I use a variety of your typical Best Buy bought backup battery chargers for work. We have piles of them in our office at work for everyone to use while traveling. The smaller jump start batteries that have USB connections look vary appealing since it would provide dual applications for me.

Does anyone know if these lithium batteries can be taken on a plane? I know some high capacity batteries are not allowed. I use a variety of your typical Best Buy bought backup battery chargers for work. We have piles of them in our office at work for everyone to use while traveling. The smaller jump start batteries that have USB connections look vary appealing since it would provide dual applications for me.
https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...edia/FAA_airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

All you ever wanted to know about batteries on planes.

It seems like everyone is using as a backup device battery, that's all I've used it for so far. I've had batteries so dead my standard jump box barely starts the engine, so I feel jumper cables are also a good thing to carry. @LandCruiserPhil how many cca is your jump back rated for that started your vehicle without a battery?

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...edia/FAA_airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

All you ever wanted to know about batteries on planes.

It seems like everyone is using as a backup device battery, that's all I've used it for so far. I've had batteries so dead my standard jump box barely starts the engine, so I feel jumper cables are also a good thing to carry. @LandCruiserPhil how many cca is your jump back rated for that started your vehicle without a battery?

No clue the model is a Antigravity XP1

I only carry jumper cables, and have rapid use for them during winter, helping neighbors, my earthmovers and so on, at least a couple of times a week through the winter.
I am amazed how many people who does not carry them...
I have made a set of mil spec 24v truck cables, soft rubber, taped together.
They weigh maybe 25lbs or more, due to the length of 6.5 meters.
I've tried carrying boosters, none keep up with the rapid use and cold temps.
I also check voltage on other cars before jumping, schooling a bit about DC and how to maintain their battery.

But would love to carry a small insta-lithium-$uper-xp2000i-smart-dongle if it actually was reliable ;)

after talking to some folks about those i would carry both

Just picked up a InstaBoost 400 at Lowes fo $99 amazingly compact unit! Have yet to open it. Need the "jaws of life" to get the darn thing out of the package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom