Jumbo to VC and back 5/29 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it was just me and the family, so we took one of the shorter/steeper routes to guarantee access to pulled pork, then took a longer route back.

Here's the outbound route. I hadn't taken the marked hill in my 80 before, though I remember riding along with the club in a friend's FJ years ago. Google Earth and my GPS say it's 37.8% at worst. My brain says it's more like 80%. Also this is where I discovered I had forgot to lock the center diff.

Last edited:
With all the rain this year, we are seeing wildflowers that haven't cropped up in a while. These were up around the radio tower above VC...

A few pics around McClellan peak. If you worry about this sort of thing, there are signs all over the peak warning about high RF energy. My XM radio quit working until I got away from the towers.

A few more pics from the cinder pit back to the Jumbo pit. Bonus: it's 2 miles from Jumbo to my house, so I didn't have to air up until I got home.

p.s. there is a LOT of grass this year and it's already going to seed, so if anybody wants to run Jumbo this year I'd recommend do it soon or wait until late fall. No fun burning down my back yard.

Your photos say well why this area is one of my favorite places for an easy, family-friendly, dog-friendly day trips. Maybe later this year you and I can lead a club run in this area. Thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom