July-August 2016 Wheeling Trip Ideas? (1 Viewer)

Where to go?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi sorry to jump in your vacation thread again, haha.
Hope I'm not intruding.....

The cabins near Nemo would be a great location to the trails. Camp 5 is literally less then a 10 min drive from there. It's also centrally located to most of the others that are open still minus bikini and T-back which would be about a 40 min drive.

By staying in the Nemo area, I think you'll have a better use of time while your here for wheelin. Yet close enuf to deadwood (20min) for night life/dinners, Just my 2cents.

The first one looks like it's up on the pass by the ski resorts which will put you about 40 mins to camp 5 area and longer to the trails by Rockerville

Your advice has proven invaluable and is very much welcome. Please, don't worry about intruding.

Hi sorry to jump in your vacation thread again, haha.
Hope I'm not intruding.....

The cabins near Nemo would be a great location to the trails. Camp 5 is literally less then a 10 min drive from there. It's also centrally located to most of the others that are open still minus bikini and T-back which would be about a 40 min drive.

By staying in the Nemo area, I think you'll have a better use of time while your here for wheelin. Yet close enuf to deadwood (20min) for night life/dinners, Just my 2cents.

The first one looks like it's up on the pass by the ski resorts which will put you about 40 mins to camp 5 area and longer to the trails by Rockerville

I agree.

Of the two cabins we have been kicking around the one that sleeps 14 (bigger) seems to be in a bad location. The rest of them are all near or off of Nemo Rd. which looks to have easy access to 385, including the "smaller" one that sleep 10 that we have been planning on. The others I posted that sleep 12 or seem to be in the Nemo area.

Other big plus to the smaller cabin, is cost. It's a bad ass cabin, for not a ton of money. That last one you linked is $5k.

Yeah, I just figured I would throw out multiple options.

My input from here is this, with all of the variety in houses and locatios we will fine with whatever you go with. The long drive to and from the trails could suck.

I know Scott and I do add 2 extra and above the beds in the "best" cabin, but as I stated in the teenage group text , I will sleep on my cot & am not worried about having privacy. I like it when you all see me naked & watch me sleep.
And as long as it's not prohibited, I will tent camp in the back yard.
All this to say, I'm in for whatever the group wants.
And low cost is always a bonus.
All Scott needs is an anti gravity chair to show us his feet in.

So, if I may ask, at which cabin are we staying?
If it's still undecided, I promise I don't mind camping in the back yard. It would prolly be best for me anyway, in case I need to get away from it all, as I do sometimes when my mind disagrees with me.
And, of course, we'll only be there 3 days.

Just curious.

Good question.

I don't know where we stand on a cabin. I posted up a bunch of 12+ occupancy options... got crickets.

As I have said, I don't care where we stay. But I am not a sleep princess, I don't need an anechoic chamber. So.... I should not be the one deciding.

I'm game for whatever. Location is my priority.

I'm excited to make it out there, I don't mind where or what means, so long as I'm there.

Alright, initial cabin options are out. Second round, but this time I'm booking ASAP. Apparently people book like crazy during tax season.

Couple options.

Good price, great location. Lacking in the hot tub area area.
Check out this HomeAway rental:
www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p479541vb?uni_id=1062717

Decent location, two buildings, everyone in a bed. Baller status, and price to go with it.
www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p4066539?uni_id=4462103

Worse location, middle ground price.
www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p730493vb?uni_id=1278431

Really, I personally would kick in extra for the giant one with bonus house.

Leaning towards 1, 2, or 4. The last one I linked will be tight trailer parking.

Yep I like 1, 2 and 4.

1 for a budget and location, 4 for awesome!

The first one would be 214/person for the week.

The second would be 308/ person for the week.

The 4th one would be 364/person for the week

However, as some people will get bed rooms and some wont, the cost will need to be adjusted accordingly.

Price on #2 just came down by 10%.

Id say we are between 2 and 4.