July-August 2016 Wheeling Trip Ideas? (1 Viewer)

Where to go?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put my request in today.

Waiting

Waiting

Another lil update:

We are about to book a cabin, we are between two. One is less cool and a bit farther from most of the trails, but it sleeps more. If I remember right Joe wants to book by February 1st. So far we have Joe, Dana, Bryan, Jackie, Me, Jenn, Todd, and Bon are for sure in (as far as I know) (full chub achieved!). Tom and Deb and Tony are maybes. If we could know who is in from the maybe camp by Feb 1st, that would be sweet. However, its not the end of the world if we get the smaller place, even if everyone confirms yes, it sleeps 10 pretty comfy.

I love that we have a big group this year! Should be epic!

Sweet pics.
I sent an email notifying my boss of my request, but I can't hassle her about it.
I'll camp.in the yard as far as that goes. But my vote would be cooler, smaller cabin & I can use my cot & air mattress for sleeping or pitch a tent in the yard, or bed hop with all the guys.

I do so hope I'm in for this!!!!!!!!

I did agree to work on my day off tomorrow, to help out for 2 call offs in my dept. And I will be sure to mention how awesome of me it is to do so & hint about how great it would be to have the July time off.
I'm such a giver.

Both Waltergappy's are in!!

Sweet pics.
I sent an email notifying my boss of my request, but I can't hassle her about it.
I'll camp.in the yard as far as that goes. But my vote would be cooler, smaller cabin & I can use my cot & air mattress for sleeping or pitch a tent in the yard, or bed hop with all the guys.

I do so hope I'm in for this!!!!!!!!

I did agree to work on my day off tomorrow, to help out for 2 call offs in my dept. And I will be sure to mention how awesome of me it is to do so & hint about how great it would be to have the July time off.
I'm such a giver.

Great! No worries, even with the "small" cabin, there will be couches and I'll have my cots and stuff for Colorado camping, which you are welcome too.

I hope you can make it!

Yay!!!!

I am hoping to have an answer soon on this & I really want it to be a yes.
I hate it that my vacation fate is in the hands of someone else & depending on her mood I may or may not get it.
Ordinarily I don't let things like this bother me....but I've been thinking about this daily since the wifey gave me the news that she wouldn't be taking a vacation this year. The waiting isn't usually an issue, because the out come will be what it is regardless of weather I concern myself with it or not. But, DAMN, gimme an answer already....

I'm going! I'm going!!

Yay, me!

Six to midnight.

This is going to be absolutly epic...

Now that we have 12 in one cabin. Should be talk about going to a bigger cabin? I am easy and planned to tent camp anyway so I am not concerned about the coziness, but I understand that some may be... Joe? You guys seem to be on top of the local real estate market...

Oh, BTW, for those not on the text string that is going off as if it were populated with 16 yr old girls... Scott is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We would be all for the bigger cabin

Keep in mind location and the fact that many of these cabins sleep more, but it is with kids rooms, twin beds, bunk rooms, bunk beds, etc...

For location- the closer to 385 the better. IIRC, most of the good trails will involve that highway.

Hi sorry to jump in your vacation thread again, haha.
Hope I'm not intruding.....

The cabins near Nemo would be a great location to the trails. Camp 5 is literally less then a 10 min drive from there. It's also centrally located to most of the others that are open still minus bikini and T-back which would be about a 40 min drive.

By staying in the Nemo area, I think you'll have a better use of time while your here for wheelin. Yet close enuf to deadwood (20min) for night life/dinners, Just my 2cents.

The first one looks like it's up on the pass by the ski resorts which will put you about 40 mins to camp 5 area and longer to the trails by Rockerville