July-August 2016 Wheeling Trip Ideas? (1 Viewer)

Where to go?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John I can't think of any reason off the top of my head why those dates won't work. I'll talk to aim.

As for the event do i need safety crap like a working parking brake?

We may also cabin it to maintain DINK status, looks like thee are some right next to wild bills...

And aims 3 herniated discs make for a bad time camping.

We may also cabin it to maintain DINK status, looks like thee are some right next to wild bills...

And aims 3 herniated discs make for a bad time camping.

There are cabins AT wild bills. Or you just buy a cot and thermarest

Better hurry on those cabins... I bet they are already booked by bhcc attendees

Yea aim has to talk to her boss as she has a presentation due that week. After that I'm booking that s*** up!

Sweet Aims boss said shes good to go.

Babysitters have been secured.

But I have spread....I mean heard rumors about what goes on down there.

Just a little update:

It looks like we are going to try out this electricity/roof fad, and rent a cabin. Once split up, the costs are near enough to make sense, plus we get bedrooms, hot tub, garage, etc...

So I think we are renting a cabin from around 7-22 to 7-30 in BH. I think it will be Jenn and I, Bryan and Jackie, Joe and Dana, Todd and Bon, and I think Hoff and Aim are going to stay at a cabin at wild bills.... :(

The cabin looks BADASS and sleeps 10 I think, but it only has 3 bedrooms, so we will have to have some sort of competition to see who gets the pull outs (Hey, maybe a human centipede thing and the first one to PULL their tonge OUT gets the PULL OUT)... If Geoff and Aim really stay at WB :( then we will have room for 2 more. Plus lots of floor space and secluded property for tents...

After Black Hills (8-30) we will likely head to Moab, through CO. I am sure we will get distracted by stuff in CO (San Jauns, Buena Vista, etc.). But I think we want to maximize Moab time before Kovach leaves (8-6 maybe). I would love to stay in Moab longer if anyone is interested. After Bryan leaves (8-6 maybe), Jenn and I will likely be alone and thus, not excited about hitting hard/fun trails. However, Jenn got accepted into the Leadville 100 mountain bike race in Leadville Co on 8-13.... So, I have to stay in the west until then... :)

So, what I do from 8-6 to about 8-12 is up in the air. I would like to keep wheeling Utah but will not want to do this alone. I would also like to hit the Buena Vista trails and might be more ok doing some of those alone. If we are alone, I may just camp in Ouray and wheel that area (easy enough to do alone). Or I am willing to venture else where...

I think Woody lives in the Moab area now. You could hit him up. If I'm full time faculty and have the whole summer off I would love to stay out there, but I'm sure Bon would have to head back for work.

Pig will probably be long busted by then though.

Yup staying at wb in the introvert recluse shack. Sleeping on an air mattress or cot listening to all you taking turns pukeing sounds like fun, but we are already locked in.

That sounds like quite the journey john. There is supposed to be some cool trails down by colorado springs, some fairly nasty stuff as well.

I'm gonna try & make a few days of the Black Hills part.
We'll see what happens.

Yup staying at wb in the introvert recluse shack. Sleeping on an air mattress or cot listening to all you taking turns pukeing sounds like fun, but we are already locked in.

What the fxxx are you talking about?

I'm gonna try & make a few days of the Black Hills part.
We'll see what happens.

Awesome!!!