1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JT Outfitters Sucks

Discussion in 'Bad Sellers - Buyer Beware' started by mac, Jan 26, 2008.

Classifieds Guidelines... short but sweet

- Prices: It is STRONGLY SUGGESTED that you POST A PRICE for each item. Don't ask for bids or offers, this is not EBay. And please, no prices in the Title.
- Location: IH8MUD reaches over 250 unique countries per day. Please include your state/country in the Title.
- Sold Items: Threads remain for price/product research. Make a final Reply to note your item is sold.

Tie Rod Media LLC does not get involved in transactions or disputes. PLEASE perform your own due diligence to ensure a smooth transaction.
  1. mac

mac New Member

Add me to the list of those "jacked around by JT".

Never, never will I do that again.
  2. Skillet

Skillet Skillet SILVER Star

I'll tell you one thing...

The company that goes by J.T. pinions or whatever that advertises on here, better change his company name if this keeps up.

Just sayin...
  3. cruiser88

cruiser88 New Member

So what was your bad experience ?
  4. Hugh Heifer

Hugh Heifer No more demerits!! SILVER Star

So what's new? Sounding like a broken record, do a search, many will agree.
  5. mac

mac New Member

Ya, I know. I did search and of course it was AFTER the wonderful experience. I think this should be a STICKY somewhere on this site- JT OUTFITTERS SUCKS!!! so that those that don't know- will.

Without going into horrific detail- I purchased some parts from JT through ebay and after not receiving a word from them for two+ weeks I called only to find that they hadn't shipped them. I cancelled the order and picked up the parts locally as I needed them right away. I was disappointed but not rude or angry with them on the phone. JT proceeds to leave me neg feedback saying I was " a waste of time". NICE! I called them up and after being insulted, hung up on and passed around from buck-passing person to buck-passing person they agreed to withdraw the feedback. It was just an overall really crappy experience- they did everything wrong from a consumer's point of view.

The question begs- How do they stay in business?
  6. badass

badass New Member

People are stupid.
  7. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina New Member

Because there is a never ending supply of stupid people waiting to be parted from their money.

Look in the mirror:flipoff2:

:grinpimp:
  8. Dusty 66

Dusty 66 Ball & Claw Club

9. mac

mac New Member

Bwahahahaha- you're so funny...:flipoff2:. I wasn't parted from my money- I was trying to be parted from it. They didn't really seem to want it.
  10. Cruiser804

Cruiser804 SILVER Star

It is amazing how some people/companies stay in business. There are at lest two on this forum who I have done thousands of dollars worth of business with and now that I have run through that spending spree are just terribly to deal with. Don't respond to me, when they do they tell me I don't know what I am talking about.

Same deal, I won something from this guys ebay store and paid for it. He never contacted me or responded to my emails. I finally had to open a dispute. Only then did he send the stuff to me. I have emailed him countless time asking him what part of the my two grand offended him. Once he gets the big score he treats you like crap.

F them.
  11. eleblanc

eleblanc New Member

Do you have alot of experience with ebay? if so you should know by now that never buy on ebay when you are in a hurry. It always take very long before you get anything. And if i remember ebay seller do have plenty of time to ship items. I bought stuff that took month to arrive and their were nothing i can do. I'm not defending JT outfitters at all, i'm just commenting on ebay.

12. stanley

stanley  

X2. that's double trouble; JT outfitters on Ebay. Ouch

:lol:
  13. mac

mac New Member

Well after more than 2.5 weeks I needed them right away. It would have been diff. if they were in transit but after 2.5 weeks they hadn't even shipped!

But, it's actually not that that really pissed me off- it was the way the JT dealt with it.
    Anyway, I didn't want to rant on and on about this. I just wanted to remind fellow Mudders and educate those that are new.
  14. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina New Member

It's OK. That just means you aren't as stupid as the next guy, in line, behind you:D

(I almost ordered from them 2 years ago, read and search MUD, this place has amazing things in the archives)

:cheers:
  15. cruiser88

cruiser88 New Member

no it is usually the nut behind the wheel........just saying
  16. Cruiser804

Cruiser804 SILVER Star

I buy and sell and decent amount of stuff on ebay Cruiser and other. It's really the poor communication that causes the issues. If JT and others would "communicate", you know a "hey we're really busy it will be a couple weeks before we can get this stuff shipped" that would be fine, most good sellers do this.

If you're going to f ing going to do something try not to be a half assed jerk wad about it when people expect you to do a little better than half assed.

Someone has a quote here someplace that is something like this "most people miss opportunity because it looks like hard work" . If these a-holes are going to be in the customer services business then they should freaking at least pretend to care.
  17. eleblanc

eleblanc New Member

I agree, still it is always a slow process going through ebay, even tho they respond.
  18. wbb72fj40

wbb72fj40 Regular Member

well. i did not kmow about IH8MUD when i strarted my project i ordered my disc brakes from them. waited and waited and then called and they shipped after three weeks. well i am stupid and i orderd my saginaw from the i waited my 2 weeks then called. my response was that most cruiser peps r not in a hurry the just get it when ever. and a week later (month now) i got the rest of my parts. but the saginaw box was wrong so i am curretly waiting and waiting...........
  19. thorvald

thorvald ....... SILVER Star

well, as a seller shipping to Canada, I've had at least one item that took over a month to get to the person. I shipped it the day I was paid. If your'e buying from a different country, you have to give a little extra time as customs is under no ones control but customs.
  20. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Call these companies out by name and make everyone aware of who they are, otherwise this is just a bunch of BS whining on the internet and does not have a place in a thread like this.....:crybaby: