Jim Phillips...What Are Those Red Lights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The switch I ordered is for the earlier 80's and is located on the left side of the steering wheel above the mirror controls. I believe I could have ordered the later rocker style switch and placed it below the HVAC controls.

FWIW, if you don't mind the different finish or having a rocker you can get the Camry switch which fits and is only about $9.00 each.
Bill

anybody wanna buy a "rocker" type switch as per christo's site?

haha

doug

Jim-

Do the red lights cut through the fog well? I guess I'm thinking as opposed to amber lights that many would agree work quite well in fog.

Byron,

I don't think you would want amber at the rear.

Red is the back end of the vehicle in front of you.

Amber is the FRONT of the vehicle in front of you :eek:

Good pont!! I suppose you could really scare the lunch out of the person behind you with the ambers in the rear!

I guess if I put some 50w 1157 bulbs in the rear, it might be close serve a similar purpose.

Dont know how good they work,but you can get some "LED" bulbs in the 1156/1157 configuration now......

They were at a local autozone...16.00$ for a pair...i didnt get them but was thinking about it for my taillights

anybody tried these yet?

doug

I tried some 1157 LED and they didn't seem to put out as much light as the regular bulbs I took them out and threw them away. This was a while ago so they may very well make better ones now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom