Jemez wanderings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dumpolina

SILVER Star
Threads
A few pictures from yesterday's drive around the Jemez.
Got rained on while out on the trail- again- 4 weekends in a row now, feels like the darn PNW
Thanks for the scenic exit, Frank and Larry

Jim making work of road 611b... or 503... or I-25? Sorry for the poor quality. I'm not 17, hard to iphone and steer

IMG_1685.JPG

NM monsoon sky and a nice shelf
Jemezshelfresize.jpg

At this moment, Pappy's shock is probably mangling his brake line, but I was too busy steering and marking camp spots on my GPS to notice
lnjresize.jpg

Group pose
poseresize.jpg

Roadside group effort gets everyone home... and we didn't steal the guys awesome dog
fixresize.jpg

Hey Ash. Did you by chance save the baggie the brake line came in? PM me the part number so I can get ya another.

Hey Ash. Did you by chance save the baggie the brake line came in? PM me the part number so I can get ya another.

You don't have to do that bro, but thanks, unless you actually need it for your own use! Just run some brake cleaner through it and it's all good. Do you think the thread got damaged maybe?

But, I do have a favor to ask though. Since you have the metric fittings ends and a bender, can you make me an exact duplicate of that short metal tube with male ends? I just need this piece to be a straight piece, maybe couple of inches long. You can see where I'm getting at. I just want a piece that can be used for this exact purpose but with a short straight piece. This way you can change gender easily in case of an emergency.

I don't think my bender will make that tight of a bend. Making a straight piece with two males is easy. I also made one for myself :) Plus, I took a single piece, crimped the end in the vice, then melted solder inside to create a plug.

I was surprised the threads didn't get boogered on yours so I will get it back to you.

That's fine, I don't need a bend, just need a straight piece. Oh, can I have a plug too? :hillbilly: Thank you.

Pappy - do you have a good flare tool? I've recently used the version they have for rental at AZ and it was less then ideal. I think I had more failures than successes...

Tubing flaring seems to be an art, based on my experience and lack of success. My father has the right tools and lots of experience and still doesn't get it right every time.

I have a cheep tool. I used it to build my brake lines on the FJ40 from the master cylinder back to the calipers. I also used it to make/flare the fuel lines. I've had no issues. The flares are probably not perfect. But they have worked.

You are welcome to try it ... though I suspect it's the same kit you borrowed from AZ.

I have a cheep tool. I used it to build my brake lines on the FJ40 from the master cylinder back to the calipers. I also used it to make/flare the fuel lines. I've had no issues. The flares are probably not perfect. But they have worked.

You are welcome to try it ... though I suspect it's the same kit you borrowed from AZ.

Does Toyota do something different from the rest? Something about an inverted or double inverted flare or some such thing?

Nope. Just the standard double flare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom