JDM OEM Fender flares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All Japan market 40s after October 1981 had OEM fender flares (61631-90800 and 61633-90800).

There are no bolts on the scheme. Does anyone know the material & fixation method?
Detailed photos are also appreciated. Didn't find it in a FAQ :(

Thanks!

Fenders.jpg
Fenders 1.jpg
Fenders 2.jpg

If I recall, the fenders exist on JDM 40's because it gave the 40's some extra points so 40's were taxed less in japan....or something like that. Or I could be totally wrong....

Someone should re-pop those out of fiberglass with a flange for mounting to the inside of the well...

Found in the Japanese Toyota Manual (Oct 1981)

Translation: “Rear Radial tire 215SR15 or 215R15-6. The rear wheel arches was extended. The wheel panel is spotted on the side panel, sealed and painted. We are considering rust prevention”

@Racer65 - would your metal sources be able to reproduce these?
I wrote to Roger in 2019 about such production. As I understand the flares are possible to reproduce but restrictively expensive to deliver to the customers. That means a red light to the whole idea. C’est la vie

Last edited:
I talked to Roger in 2019 about such production. As I understand the flares are possible to reproduce but restrictively expensive to deliver to the customers. That means a red light to the whole idea. C’est la vie
Surely someone in the US could replicate the fender flares. Price point is my major concern. Much north of $300 a pair and I would be out

Would be great if these could be applied with panel bonding adhesive so no welding wound be required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom